Newbie CP Soap Challenge!

magsglass

Hope you feel better mags...that is a bummer that your stuff was messed up....get to pouring some soap girl...tell those yucky bugs to bug off for about an hour so you can accomplish your challenge....lol

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to start a new thread to ask that in HP and CP soaping, is there a difference other than preparation in the recipes? What I am asking is can I use the same recipe for both?

TIA to everyone that responds.

I didn't want to start a new thread to ask that in HP and CP soaping, is there a difference other than preparation in the recipes? What I am asking is can I use the same recipe for both?

TIA to everyone that responds.

I think that you can... I won't swear to it, I have only done CP, but from what I understood in reading is that the heat from HP just speeds up the process.

I didn't post pics, but I did cut it. And in my opinion they look okay, but certain bars have small white powdery circles on them, that I think may be lye spots according to the soapmaker's companion and may have to be thrown away. :eek: My swirls can only be seen on the end cuts, and they look nice...the middle ones are yellowish cream color, it looks just like plain soap that is not colored. On the plain ones I can also see small orange spots which I've read either in the companion or one of the links Mags posted. But overall it looks as if I may have to try a 3rd time this week to get the perfect batch of soap. Well they say practice makes perfect, so I hope 3 times is the charm. :undecided Until then, I'm going to let this cure, and tongue test it in 4 weeks to monitor the lye content in the soap.

Now back to the soaping table.....:rolleyes2

Aaack!!!! :lipsrseal That was gross!!! Nope, no zap just soap!!! I am going to try to take an okay pic with my camera phone, but I'll get a digital camera this weekend and take another pic. I'm still going to make another batch, because I'm having so much fun. However, on some bars, the white blotches are kinda zappy (is that a word :rolleyes2 ), they kinda zing on the tongue. Should I be worried?? This isn't a batch I prefer to give away but it's a start, huh?? I'll be glad in a couple of months or years from now when I'm able to give a newbie to cp some advice and say, I remember when I first started.....!!!

I believe that zingy or zappy stuff is lye that didn't incorporate, so you might want to visit some of the rebatching threads or ask about them. Sherie, Eugenia, Grumpy, Shutterbug are a few that come to mind who have rebatched. I'd help you, but I haven't learned a thing about that yet!

Can someone tell me how to know how long your soap needs to sit on the shelf? I did the tongue test (blech) the day I cut it and didn't get any zaps.

I sure hope that it was decided on half bars for the swap :shocked2: since I started cutting and trimming mine just to see how it would look and got carried away having so much fun I did enough halfs for the swap.

:yay: I did it. No really big problems! But wow what a mess I made lol, Bowls, spoons, spatulas, and mica all over the place. It took me longer to clean up then to make it! Smells so good, it is a beachy scent. I did color it a blue but that seems to have turned a grayish green. I sure hope it comes back. Sue

:yay: I did it. No really big problems! But wow what a mess I made lol, Bowls, spoons, spatulas, and mica all over the place. It took me longer to clean up then to make it! Smells so good, it is a beachy scent. I did color it a blue but that seems to have turned a grayish green. I sure hope it comes back. Sue

Makes me remember my first time lol! I think I used everything in the kitchen but the oven. Looking forward to seeing your soap! You did snap a pix of it before it went to bed right?

I may have missed a post on whats officially going on. I know the deadline is May 15th. I posted my pics to the B&B gallery, but should they be on this thread? Since most have decided to do 1/2 bars for the swap, when will we be sending these out and what info is needed on the bars? Just curious as I am kind of board today.

Hi all I'm here!! :wave:

Jennie: Posting your pics in the gallery is fine. I'll make a post with links to everyone's pics here for posterity. :)

Tomorrow I will officially post the swap information on the Swap board. I think a due date of May 31 will be good, since it allows some time for everyone's bars to harden up a bit. If you want to send them sooner that's okay, too.

Hibiscus & Latch: Hey you two are you with us? If you haven't poured yet, you've still got tonight! (nudge, nudge...you can do it!) ;)

LovelyLathers: Your soap looks great!! Woohoo!!!