Newbie CP Soap Challenge!

magsglass

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yay: :highfive: :cool2::drool:

Heather, it's bee-yoo-tee-full!!! You did great, girl!

Gosh I love that indigo color...it's just stunning. Did you use titanium dioxide to get that bright white?

No that is just the color it came out.

I used lard, olive oil, coconut oil added White Spring Lilac to the whole batch then took some of it out and added the purple liquid dye. Then I poured the uncolored in the mold first then poured the purple in and used a spatula to swirl it in there making sure that my spatula reached the bottom of the mold.

LOL already trying to figure out what I want to make next!!!

I need to keep a list of things I wanna try lol! So what FO you doin' next Heather?

Hey I just put my first three color (four if any whiteness shows up lol) log to bed a little bit ago. Had to try my new micas and the coconut lime verbena.

1. CozyAromas- Cuccumber Melon or Country Apple

2. Scented - Amber Romance or Coconut Lime Verbena or ... (I'm not sure cuz there are too many FOs to pick from lol!)

3. Honey Coco Mango or Jade-type, or ???

I may have to doctor up the Jade a bit to use it. I think it needs something, but I'm not sure what. Could just be that I've got a cold so my smeller's not working the best. I'll wait a few days before making this major decision! :D

Cozy: Both of those sound really good for soap. Yum!!

Scented: I've never smelled Amber Romance before, so I'm curious. I see it mentioned fairly often on the boards, so it must be good. Just to let you know, CLV is my *very favorite* BBW scent, so if you make that I'll be like :drool: all over it!

Do you know if the FO you have is a close dupe? I'm looking for a good one.

Well SW says it is and that's what I used, but ... well ... I really got to get this swirl stuff down lol. I don't know that I'm going to like what I'm looking at. It's way too soft to cut still. Oh the joys of waiting. I guessing soaping really does teach patience lol!

Back to the CLV ... I cannot remember B&BW's version so guess that means you get two samples lol! You can tell me ;)

Oh and Jade ... I think it's a great fresh scent :D Whose are you thinking of soaping? I have some, but no clue if it's skin safe. Guess I better look that up should I decide to add it to that things to try in soap list lol.

2. Scented - Amber Romance or Coconut Lime Verbena or ... (I'm not sure cuz there are too many FOs to pick from lol!)

3. Magsglass-Honey Coco Mango or Jade-type, or ???

4. Heather- White Spring Lilac, ???, Chocolate Brownie(I promised my daughter)

Oh and Jade ... I think it's a great fresh scent :D Whose are you thinking of soaping?

I've got BCN's Jade. I guess no one's tested it yet because there's no info about it on their scent list, or at their forum CP test results thread. Hokay then, I guess I'm gonna break some ground and give it a whirl. Right after the tried-n-true Honey Coco Mango (um, just to increase my chance of success on the first pour) LOL! :wink2:

I have this feeling... that once I make my first CP, I'm going to go bonkers and make a bazillion more ASAP. :eek:

Country Apple is BBW dupe from JS and the Cuccumber Melon is a dupe from Peaks.

Scented: I was going to go with the CLV but I saw that you were doing that so I changed my mind.

BTW can't you tell that I love BBW dupes!!! :P

3. Honey Coco Mango or Jade-type, or ???

I may have to doctor up the Jade a bit to use it. I think it needs something, but I'm not sure what. Could just be that I've got a cold so my smeller's not working the best. I'll wait a few days before making this major decision! :D

Cozy: Both of those sound really good for soap. Yum!!

Scented: I've never smelled Amber Romance before, so I'm curious. I see it mentioned fairly often on the boards, so it must be good. Just to let you know, CLV is my *very favorite* BBW scent, so if you make that I'll be like :drool: all over it!

Do you know if the FO you have is a close dupe? I'm looking for a good one.

Mags ... it wasn't till this challenge that I ever made so much soap this quickly. Egads, two batches for the challenge in like 3 days. I must be falling ill ;) Actually I keep testing a different recipe, so I'm having fun doing this while we have a soggy day that would just mess up my candlemaking lol!

Well give that Jade a try. Mine's from Alabaster, but I love the scent :)

Pam you can still make it! LOL, I'm not sure my CLV is ever going to harden. And it really isn't going to be anything I'd call pretty either. I didn't get my green to go down far enough and SW is supposed to discolor to bone, so this could be mighty um yuck.

Oh yes, we're definitely having a swap! We'll get to see how everyone's soap turned out, smell what the scents are like in CP, and check out the recipes we all used. The swap is the icing on the cake :drool:

Scented: Illness? Nah, I think it's called soap addiction. That and a healthy sense of competitiveness. :P

Pam, You can still do CLV. Hehe, I won't mind if there is more than one in the swap. :D

Seriously, folks, don't let the fact that someone else is doing the same scent stop you. Make whatever suits your fancy!

So...how's everyone else coming along? It's been kinda quiet on here.

3. Magsglass-Honey Coco Mango or Jade-type, or ???

4. Heather- White Spring Lilac, ???, Chocolate Brownie(I promised my daughter)

5. elitenaildesign-Ginger Lime, Citrus Basil or Ocean scent

I want to try the lime margarita with the salt, but I will never be able to get the scent in time. I am finally going to get to do my FIRST CP soap tomorrow. Wish me luck, I will notify the hospitals, and firestations before I start.:laugh2:

Jennie you crack me up! Good luck tomorrow on your batch :D You'll do fine. Seriously I was expecting a mushroom cloud when I did my first ever! I'm now just down to a blinding flash of light lol.

OOOHHH how did I miss this thread LOL good luck all. Come on JP you can do it rah rah rah