Newbie CP Soap Challenge!

magsglass

I'm throwing down the gauntlet to all CP soapin' wannabes!

[ATTACH]6042[/ATTACH]

Newbie CP Soap Challenge!

If you've wanted to make CP soap but haven't yet, here's your chance. Gather your oils, lye, equipment, and join in the fun!

The Challenge: Make a CP soap of your choice and post here about your experience making it (include pics if you can)

How to Join: Just add your name to the list below.

Number of Participants: Unlimited

Batch size: Your choice, but it's recommended to make at least a 2lb batch. (that's 2lbs of oils)

Deadline: Pour & post by Monday, May 15th.

**Bonus: There will be a recipe and soap swap at the end for all who formally participate. It'll be a great way to learn the qualities of different soaps, and share in everyone's success!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some links to get started with. Be sure to read the ones in red!!

Robin's Cold Process Tutorial

Safety and Equipment Info

Recipes

Bunny's Build your own Soap Recipes

Millers All-Vegetable based Recipes

Millers Animal Fat Based Recipes

Teach Soap's CP Recipes

Calculators

*Important! --Always double check your lye, water, and oil ratios with a soap calculator!

How To Use the Soapcalc (Sooz) Calculator

How to Use the MMS Calculator

Choosing a Fragrance Oil

Scents that ROCK in CP soap

Note: Check your scent supplier's site to see if they have any notes about how their FO's work in CP soap.

Really Good Information

Saponification and Superfatting Explained

Finding Your Mold's Capacity

Soapnuts' Oil Qualities Chart

Soaping Abbreviations

Candletech Soap FAQ Archives

Miller's Soap Pages

If you have any questions, please post them on this thread so we all can learn from them, too. Or feel free to PM me.

Let's have fun, learn something new, and help each other make our first batches a success!!

~~ Soap Safely!! ~~

post-3285-1394583996_thumb.jpg

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, we've got the list hummin' along now! :yay:

This is going to be so much fun. I can't wait to see how everyone's soaps turn out!

Has anyone decided on a recipe yet? I love Bunny's "Make Your Own..." tutorial. I think I'll have to try that.

Yay, we've got the list hummin' along now! :yay:

This is going to be so much fun. I can't wait to see how everyone's soaps turn out!

Has anyone decided on a recipe yet? I love Bunny's "Make Your Own..." tutorial. I think I'll have to try that.

No I haven't decided on a recipe yet :cry2: There are just so many good ones to choose from. Searching and searching and more searching is going on over here...lol

First of all I want to say thanks for doing this Mag:bow:, it is really what I need to make that step, I swore I was going to do it last weekend but had an unexpected visitor from out of state. I am leaning towards doing one of the miller's all vetetable recipes. But i am also still looking. I have been looking so much my eyes are crossed, so I guess I better just pick one and make it! Good Luck everyone and be safe!

(pouting like a baby):waiting: I so want to participate in this, I'm just not ready, May 15 is to soon for me!!!! I have 2 soapmaking kits, I have the lye, the oils, and the fo!! I am just missing the blender and the pot :sad2:!! Hopefully, next time around I'll be ready. In the meantime I'll cheer everyone on!!!!:bliss::bliss:

I personally don't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to join ;). I'm pretty sure, those new to cp whether (sp?) you soap once a month, once every other month, or never at all, are welcome (IMO). So I say come on and join!!!! You joining would be the extra push some of us need, so right after you sign up, I'll put my name right under yours!!!:D

LOVE your gauntlet. Hehe

I am shaking as I type this (virgin soaper jitters). I am hoping to have my pot and rest of stuff LYE etc in time and I am adding in a squeaking voice -ME TOO, I want to join in the fun.

Suzie

Heather & LovelyLathers: Aaack! I know what you mean, about so many recipes to choose from. Have you tried the bullseye method? (pin up a list of recipes and throw a dart) :D

CozieAromas: Please, please join! <---- a formal invitation

Scented: Sure, there's plenty of room in the sandbox for you! But as an "old pro" with 3 pours already, please don't mind that the rest of us are still trying to gather our buckets and shovels. :P

SuzieE: Yay, I'm glad you joined! I'll add you to the list!:yay:

The List:

1. Magsglass

2. scntdwik

3. hewells

4. angiebaby

5. elitenaildesign

6. LovelyLathers

7. SuzieE

(plus hopefully Scented and CozyAroma will add their names)

Scented: Sure, there's plenty of room in the sandbox for you! But as an "old pro" with 3 pours already, please don't mind that the rest of us are still trying to gather our buckets and shovels. :P

The List:

1. Magsglass

2. scntdwik

3. hewells

4. angiebaby

5. elitenaildesign

6. LovelyLathers

7. SuzieE

8. Scented

(plus hopefully Scented and CozyAroma will add their names)

Old pro :laugh2: OK Pam there's my name. Now where's yours? Seriously no one could have the trials I had making my first batch :D