Baby food jars, deco?

I want to try to make some candles in baby food jars, 4oz and 6oz, but the lids have gerber on them. I'd like to cover that up somehow, any ideas? I thought of painting them, but I don't know. I'm new! I think the jars would make cute little candles. You people are so creative here, I know someone will come up with something. Thanks..;)

I have thought about doing that as well. My best friend just had a baby!

I was going to go to walmart and or AC Moore and get one of those kits that makes things rust. Its like a two step paint system . I dont know just a thought. I was worried about it being sealed up well enough so if the lids get wet it wont reveal our "secret" container ;)

i just use the regluar $1 a can stuff from wal-mart...don't know the brand. i think maybe the logo is a red, blue and yellow circle...nothing special though. just a couple of coats...takes about 10 mintues. glad i could help!:yay:

I wouldn't worry too much about the lid as people are going to know it is a Baby Food Jar and especially if you are using them shower favors etc. I have painted them before and you can cut a round circle of material and place on the top of the lid and secure it with ribbon. HTH

This must be a popular thing lately. I have requests for 2 showers. I bought gold spray paint(96 cents at my Walmart) and am waiting for a sunny day to go outside to spray the lids. Actually, I think I may put the shower info....like thank you for coming to my shower or whatever...print a round sticker to put on the lid so the only thing that would be showing is the outer edge.

Hi, I spray paint my lids flat black and put a homespun ribbon to match the color of my wax. Just out of curiosity is anyone have trouble w/ the lids fitting on right?

I actually have twins that are starting to eat well. After we open the jar and put the lid back on it leaks. It leaks just a little but it's weird. It also seems to be one particular brand more than the others.

I plan to spray my lids and hot glue cirlces of fabric on the tops for showers. I've done a few to show and they have turned out great. I'd post a pic but my camera is on record video and I can't get it off LOL DH is out of town on business but maybe when he gets back.

HTH,

Barb

Thanks for all your ideas, these jars won't be for baby showers, just a new jar for anything. I know everyone will know they are baby jars, I just wanted to dress them up a little. I think I'll try the paint and some type of ribbon. I wonder, could you glue a circle of material on the top? Do you guys use the smaller wick in these jars? I have CD-6 german tabbed coreless, think that would work? I"m off today and I'm gonna' experiment. Thanks much! :highfive:

When my daughter had her babies....we saved the jars. I bought corks for the top and she wood burned the name of the scent in the top. I bought glass paint and painted simple flowers and designs. If you bake them in the oven they are then dishwasher proof. (Bake them before you fill them with wax....lol.) Sold a bunch of them at the mall at Christmas. Donita