Shaking fo before using

As far as I know there's no need whatsoever to shake them. All the ingredients are in solution and they don't separate out. Thus all you can accomplish by shaking is to dissolve additional air into the FO and speed up oxidation. Personally I'd avoid doing that.

The reason you need to shake certain things is that they're mixtures rather than solutions. Like salad dressing.

To shake or not to shake I think is a matter of preference. If you don't wanna shake don't but I do so I will :smiley2:

Well of course.

I wasn't addressing anyone's preference to shake, only the need to. You can even shake half empty bottles of wine. It will hasten their demise though, and I'm wondering if the air might do the same thing to the FO.

I have had a couple of fos that would seperate, I would shake those before use. It never occured to me that this might not be a good idea. I always thought it to be a good idea to make sure there was no seperation. But most of the time I forget to shake it anyways.:rolleyes2