NEED ADVICE, POSSIBLE 8,000 bath bomb order

I just got a call from a lady who has 8,000 employee's and she wants a price for 8,000 bath bombs and to discuss putting them on their website (I don't currently have one) Would it be more cost effective for me to continue buying my baking soda and confectioner sugar at Sams (no shipping) OR finding a place online and order in quantity and pay shipping? The biggest order for me to date was for 150 bath bombs for 2 Trade shows in Dallas and Houston...which is where this lady experienced them? I'm so floored....I never expected this.....ANYONE please advise????

Beverly

I am not sure about buying online vs. Sams, I guess you could figure up the cost from Sams for all you will need and then if you feel that is to high I would check around online and see if you can beat it even with shipping...I personally think the more you can get local the better. I mainly just wanted to tell you CONGRATS!!! That is awesome news I am so happy for you, I hope you sell sell sell!!! Have a great day!

Amanda

That's just WONDERFUL news!!:yay: :yay:

I would try to buy in bulk versus Sam's. I believe you'd get a larger discount for how much baking soda & citric acid you'd need just to complete all 8,000.

Right now I'm receiving pricing from univar. You should give them a call and see if there's a location close to you.

I just cant imagine 8,000 Bathbombs!! :shocked2: :shocked2: I cant even make one!! every recipe I try does not work. I am bathbomb impaired:rolleyes2 .

CONGRATS!! :yay: :yay:

I agree with the others just compare local sources with online bulk and see what is best.

Patricia

I would also check to see if you can order through a restaurant supplier, like Sysco or Ben E. Keith (I don't know what they have in your area), they're used to huge amounts of food items, they may be able to get you a good deal, and usually there's no shipping charge, they come and drop it off for the price.

Or go to www.inkristinesshower.com and wholesale these out. Do you realize how much space 8000 bath bombs is going to take?? LOL! And sugar in bath products is a no-no. Please stop and consider reformulation and know your ingredients or wholesale these out (where you'll still make a profit) to an experienced crafter who specializes in bath bombs - and large orders of them.

I know it might not be as rewarding personally for you, but I believe it'll be your best bet.

Hi All,

I'm waiting for a return phone call from her and all the details I would need. I appreciate all the advice but how can I wholesale this order out to someone else when it's my bath bombs she has experienced, which ARE different in size and ingredients? That would be a GREAT deal on my part BUT the buyer would not be getting what she is interested in? Comments?

Beverly

Thank you Bunny for the shout out :)

What are the ingredients in your bathbombs Bev? I ask because I also wholesale other bathbombs that have botanicals and additives I don't normally use as well.

No one has to know that you didn't make them either ;) All of my accounts have everyone believing they slave night and day making their bombs, why shouldn't you? :P

I sent you a pm where I get all of my ingredients and I hope that helps you some, but if you need anything else, drop me a line. I would love to help.

PS - My turnaround time would be 3 weeks tops.

Hi All,

I'm waiting for a return phone call from her and all the details I would need. I appreciate all the advice but how can I wholesale this order out to someone else when it's my bath bombs she has experienced, which ARE different in size and ingredients? That would be a GREAT deal on my part BUT the buyer would not be getting what she is interested in? Comments?

Beverly

I think this is a fantastic opportunity for you! :highfive:

But honestly- u could discuss this with Jennie and get optimal results for you and the customer. An order like this would take some definite thought and the need for employees that are able to expedite an order of this magnitude. Plus you want to convey to the customer that you as a business can handle orders of this size. That way you possibility could get a repeat order from this customer. This is what you should strive for, IMO.

Sometimes its best to let someone who specializes in a product assist you.

I had this huge wedding order and the customer was going to go with 1000 bathbombs and candles as well. I would not even have hesitated contacting another crafter for this order- it would have taken ALL my stress away.

She changed her mind at the last minute. Or I would have been calling Jennie in a nanosecond. I can do bathbombs~ but I am not set up for orders like that.

I just have to say if someone approached MOI to do that many bathbombs (if I made them that is ;) ) I'd be haulin' my booty over to In Kristine's Shower pronto baby!! Jennifer's bombs are da bomb!! I've tried them (thanks Jennifer) and they ARE really pretty, and smell and feel oh so good!!!!!!!:D

Seriously, there is no way in heck I'd have enough room in my house let alone time, to set up to make that many in a reasonable amount of time.

3 weeks lead time from IKS sounds good to me!! :D

I personally would LOVE to contract this order out to Jennie... BUT no one has yet addressed the fact that the customer ( AND HER customers) have already experienced "my" bath bombs and since Jennies are NOT the same size with the same ingredients as mine that causes the dilemma???? AND BUNNY I AM researching the confectioner sugar versuses the cornstarch. I DID start out using cornstarch and it would be NO problem switching to cornstarch in my recipe, and thank you for bringing that to my attention as its possible I was advised wrong :wink2: !

Beverly

Did you already tell this lady that you could make that many? If not, I would try to work out in your head (and on paper) if it's even feasible for you to be able to make that many at your home, on your own.

What is the lead time for these?

You need to ask yourself how many bombs you can make in one day, etc.

It's a lot to think about.

Hey Beverly - Jenny did say that she was willing to use different additives and such in your order. I would think that an explanation about the size difference could be like this. "In order for me to complete this order in a reasonable amount of time, I need to change the size of the bath bombs to 3 ounces (or whatever) to better the manufacturing processes." She'd never have to know someone else even made them!