Frosted Carrot Cake...

DanaE

I guess you could call it a grubby. In this instance it's simply frosting on the cake. I have two apple cakes to finish and some more coconut cream pie and then I'm through making frosting/grubby for a while! My arms ache already.

Oh, it's a 6x6 mold, although I guess it's a little larger than that now with the frosting on it.

DanaE

I have to ask and you don't have to answer, but how much do you sell that for? ??? ? ? Or is it made as a gift? THinking out loud...7++ lbs of wax and probably more than 7 oz FO probably 8 or 9 including the frosting... geez! expensive to make!!!

I've never sold a 3-wick candle - I've made probably 10 all together, and they were always presents. I've seen some of them sell for $25-$35. It's 7+ lbs of wax, and about 12 ounces of FO (used 6228 wax and 1-1/2 ounces of FO per lb).

I haven't frosted the apple cake because I can't decide how to arrange the apple slices and cinnamon sticks on top. I've made a million patterns and don't like any of them. I'm thinking about just breaking up some apple slices and making them stick up out of the frosting. I don't know. I'll work on it it today. I have 2 of them, so if I don't like the pattern on one, at least I have another chance to get it right!

DanaE

• 4 years later...