Looking for Exotic Fragrance Oils

CandleCouture

Greenleaf's Maduro is the Archipelago dupe of Havana and she's working on getting Stonehendge in also.

I got the Maduro for one of my wholesale accounts because she sells a ton of the Havana....it throws awesome for me in 4630 and my account said it is a dead on dupe!

I think what she means by "high end" is that the scents would be of a more sophisticated, high quality fragrance line that would be sold in a more upscale, expensive store...the type of place that would never in a million years entertain the thought of having a bakery, bubble gum or some tutti fruity type scent in their store. I agree with her on KY's Mediterranean Fig as being an upscale or high end fragrance. Although most of KY's fragrances are what you might call typical, this one in particular is very, very nice. A lot of people hear fig and say yuck! After having sampled quite a few fig types myself, I thought the same thing...until I tried KY's.

I'm not really looking for dupes. Just a different kind of fragrance. And, when you say "high end" what do you mean, specific to the two companies you just metnioned?

I mean complex blends -- interesting, "different" scents. Not run of the mill single noters, know what I mean? There are lots of those goodies at Old Mill. She's got some unique scents.

You might want to check out tradewindsfragrance.com, they have a pile of odd scents.

Andy

I use to order from them but they never would re-stock any of their best sellers. I don't know what's wrong with them, maybe they don't want any repete business. I don't know if they have changer or not but they lost me as a customer because they don't keep scents in stock, I would like to still use.

I just checked out Scent Works (scent-works.com) at the recommendations of someone earlier in this thread, and it seems that their oils are made especially for body products, and not for candles. I do see where it says they CAN be used in candles, but, I prefer oils more geared towards, candles, don't you think?

Then check out Jen's stuff at Old Mill Fragrances. She's a chandler herself so I'm thinking she probably uses her own oils! LOL

Although I think SW does tend to develop more towards the soaping/B&B market, I know a couple chandlers who use a few of their fo's successfully in wax.

HTH

CandleMan: I hear ya about Tradewinds. I used to get Mandarin Bamboo and Herbal Ecstasy from them...absolutely love them and never wanted to be without them but...you're right...they have problems with keeping their fragrances in stock. I've been looking for month's now to see if they've restocked these two and as of last week...they still haven't. They also have a little note on their website saying that they will not reply to email questions regarding when an outstock item will be in. Hummm...maybe they'll reply if I tell them that they're losing business from customers because they don't restock in a timely manner and that it's being discussed on the candle making boards...maybe I'll get a reply then. LOL Hey, I think I'm actually going to do that...as soon as I'm done here. It will be interesting to see if they respond to that, since they didn't respond to my last email inquiring about those.

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow, to let them know that I had fully intended to order upwards of $100 worth of FO's to test....until I read comments on here, which convinced me not to.

There is far too much competition in this market to deal with companies that don't appreciate a customer enough to answer emails.