Pink Roses & Black All Over

sharyl55

Made up these sample votives for a group looking for favors for their regional meeting. Their colors are pink and black and their logo is a rose. 2 are scented Peaks Bouquet of Roses and 2 are unscented. This is a group of little old ladies (I can say that since I'm close to qualifying myself LOL) who can't make up their minds which way they want to go. I did find out that Peak's black dye rocks. Before, I have had problems with black. Wax 6228. Thanks for looking.

post-195-139458398585_thumb.jpg

Those are just my favorite votives ever!!!!!!! I am such a fan of pink and black...always have been.....I wear it a lot. They are sexy sexy candles and little old ladies can be sexy too. They will appreciate it. I was over at my friend's house this morning....she is 91....and she took me into a room that has a shelf full of old Playboy's.....from the 1940's until two years ago. She has never looked at them. A relative gave her husband a subscription for life. She has several still in the plastic wrappers......she was looking through them and pulled out a calandar....she opened it up and said "Oh honey....just look at that!....I have never seen this either. My husband didn't tell me he had this calender." She kept flipping the pages and staring at these women with a smile on her face. I said "Don't you wish we looked like that?".....she said....."Honey, I used to.".......lol.....see....if you were sexy when you are young, you can still be sexy when you are a little old lady. Trust me.....he he he he Donita

Jenn, I made the roses using a Wilton candy mold. Poke a hole in the center with a metal skewer. I use wick pins. Pour a little pink wax on top of the votive and slide the rose down the wick pin into the hot pink wax. These are samples for a potential order. Guess I should make up a batch for sale.

Thanks for the kind comments.

OK Sharyl.....you just made me drag out my candy molds and you know that I am going to do some pink and black candles today. #$%$ you.....I have soooooooooo many other projects to do today but this one is calling me.....as you know I think these are just the cutest little votives I have seen. Donita