Pink Roses & Black All Over

sharyl55

Sharyl....my pink and blacks are in the molds and cooling.....I have no idea what they will look like when I take them out.....but I am not expecting them to be as pretty as yours. I always have trouble with using black in layers. I only made 4 so we shall see. I keep looking at your candles and they look perfect......if they don't work...they go into the box called "in case of a power outage we have lights"........lol....Have a nice evening. Donita

I am so impressed with your votives. I am glad to know that Peak's black work's so well since I have some of that. I too think they have a vintage look and should be absolutely perfect for the group that you described. Those really look terrific!

Sharyl...my first votives are...........terrible. I used black powdered dye and it leaked out all over the place....I guess I used too much....I must get some liquid from Peak. So much for that emperiment.....you are still the blue ribbon winner......Donita:wink2:

Jenn, I made the roses using a Wilton candy mold. Poke a hole in the center of the rose with a metal skewer. I use wick pins in my votive molds. Pour a little pink wax on top of the votive and slide the rose down the wick pin into the hot pink wax. Let cool. Remove from votive mold and slide out the wick pin.

This from the Flower Queen? I don't have the talent in all my fingers and toes that you have in one little finger. I'm still trying to learn how to glue those dried flowers to a globe. Like you say, practice make perfect. Maybe in 10 or 29 yrs I'll have the technique down. :wink2:

I sell my "Party Votives" for $2.50. Wholesale them for half. I haven't tried the BLACK again.....it just was sooooooooooooo terrible. I only used a little black powdered dye, but I also think it was the wax I was using....it didn't hold the FO...so I will try my 4045H....it seems to work best for me for everything except containers and canes. My chunks are better with this wax too. Sharyl, you will get those flowers on a candle soon....you are like me...never give up...lol...I made flower bookmarks yesterday and then dipped them into wax. They came out great. So people can buy a bookmark to match a candle. Nice gift. Try to do some with your flowers on card stock. I will make some more today and post a picture. They don't cost as much to make as a CANDLE....pretty soon we will be paying $5.00 a lb. for wax....eeeeeeeeeeeek! Donita