Mediterranean Fig -- What color?

Holly

For some reason I always think white or cream for candles. Are there different color figs? I believe I think white or cream because a lot of the upper end soy candles usually offer a fig scent and their candles are usually the natural soy color. What color do you make your Mediterranean Fig candles? Fig Nutons (sp?) are dark inside but that does not sound very pretty. I have also seen green Fig candles but not often.

Thanks again Suds. That helps. I previously looked online but saw the dark ones. The page that Top posted helps. I guess the green comes in when they are not ripe. When I first ever tested Med. Fig. I made it a light brown. Then when I tested it for the second time I made it the natural color of soy. I am on the 3rd time now and had second thoughts again, when I saw a green fig candle. This is in a period of more than a year. I still have not finalized a Med. Fig. lol I will see how the olive green strikes me when I make it. :grin2:

Wow a lot of you prefer purple for this scent. I love purple but never thought of it for Med. Fig. Well, I made it an olive green tone today, and when I smell the candle for some reason I keep thinking of a natural tone. I might get used to it, try the purple or go back to the natural. :confused: Thanks again for the suggestions. :)

I keep mine natural (cream) and speaking of which whom do you use as a supplier for yours....my favorite is ky and I also buy from candle science as I like their version too and just rename it to Island Fig.

Hi Classy,

I have not chosen one yet. The very first Med. Fig I tried was Peaks and then I tried JBN's -- may have been the other way around. This was over a year ago. When I first tested it (both Peaks and JBN's) I really was not sure if I cared for the scent so I never added it to my line. Recently, I have smelled Med. Fig candles in the stores (upper end candles) and the scent has grown on me. They smelled very similiar to what I have tested and maybe better. So, recently I ordered KY's version. It is nice but I was unsure of the throw in my soy. I think I had a bad case of candlenose -- need to test burn it again. I remember JBN's being really strong in paraffin when I tested it the first time, so I ordered it again recently to test it in my soy up against KY's version. I have not yet test burned JBN's yet in my soy since I just made it today. I will see how it goes. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Classy,

I have not chosen one yet. The very first Med. Fig I tried was Peaks and then I tried JBN's -- may have been the other way around. This was over a year ago. When I first tested it (both Peaks and JBN's) I really was not sure if I cared for the scent so I never added it to my line. Recently, I have smelled Med. Fig candles in the stores (upper end candles) and the scent has grown on me. They smelled very similiar to what I have tested and maybe better. So, recently I ordered KY's version. It is nice but I was unsure of the throw in my soy. I think I had a bad case of candlenose -- need to test burn it again. I remember JBN's being really strong in paraffin when I tested it the first time, so I ordered it again recently to test it in my soy up against KY's version. I have not yet test burned JBN's yet in my soy since I just made it today. I will see how it goes. :)

Holly!

did you test your JBN version yet? I just poured and burned my KY125 in the same day and it is awesome! I have not tried KY's yet, and wondered if they were similar or not? I hear good things about Vickey's but this one is so classy I don't know if I would change.

Holly!

did you test your JBN version yet? I just poured and burned my KY125 in the same day and it is awesome! I have not tried KY's yet, and wondered if they were similar or not? I hear good things about Vickey's but this one is so classy I don't know if I would change.

Hi Creative,

I did pour it but have not yet test burned it. I had poured so many testers and just have not gotten around to burning that one yet. I will burn it today. I do remember it being really strong when I tested it in paraffin when I first started to make candles. For some reason back then I did not like the smell of Med. Fig FO's. It has grown on me now. I will let you know how it does in my soy. I am glad that it worked out great for you! Have you compared JBN's Med. Fig with any other ones? So far I have tested KY's (recently in soy) and Peaks and JBN's (a long time ago in paraffin). Thank you for posting your test results. :)

Thanks again Suds. That helps. I previously looked online but saw the dark ones. The page that Top posted helps. I guess the green comes in when they are not ripe.
All figs are sort of olive green when unripe, but they ripen to either bright yellow/green or brownish purple, depending on the species.

I think Americans often think of the brown dried fig in Fig Newtons, but my association with Med Fig is a tree loaded with fresh fruit (fresh figs are delicious!). That's more what the fragrance is based on.

Hi Creative,

I did pour it but have not yet test burned it. I had poured so many testers and just have not gotten around to burning that one yet. I will burn it today. I do remember it being really strong when I tested it in paraffin when I first started to make candles. For some reason back then I did not like the smell of Med. Fig FO's. It has grown on me now. I will let you know how it does in my soy. I am glad that it worked out great for you! Have you compared JBN's Med. Fig with any other ones? So far I have tested KY's (recently in soy) and Peaks and JBN's (a long time ago in paraffin). Thank you for posting your test results. :)

Hi Holly!

Well, I have Peaks and it is so much sweeter---more of a mango fig or something to my nose. JBN's seems to be more earthy with a perfume note. I believe this one to be more on the lines of the figs I currently see in the shops around here. I have been using Peaks for a while, but I never felt it was a realistic fig. I have read that KY's is just awesome, so I will probably test it too, and then decide. I think Peak's will get renamed :)