Pride Pillar

hank7fd

Very nice layers....sometimes I do them in tiny layers stacked up over and over and make it a rustic candle...also tilted layers. I have small and huge star molds that look real cool in the rainbow colors....round balls are also good....see...there is no end. What you have now is very nice.....you can do anything you want...there are no limits....it's up to your imagination....I see that you can make a candle...so have fun! Donita

thank you for all the comments on this pillar. as for time it took, approx 3.5 hours. i'm not quite impressed with the "pour lines" yet know if i pour too hot then the colours will run into one another. as for the votives...that would be a definate NO way!

thanks again!

with my candle, it's a mixture of all fragrances. i actually just melted down bits and pieces (broke apart some pillars) to create this. being it was just a trial thing i wasn't too worried that there were 6 different colours with 6 different scents.

when my babe goes to nap today i'm going to try yet another one...this could get addicting! :whoohoo:

This is what I do when I pour layers...

After the first layer has set but not pulled away from the mold (I have learned to eyball what is the right time & you will too over time). I then pour the next layer hot just enough to cover the first color (make sure you pour in the middle not around the side). Then when that has set enough I finish that color. Then do the same for the other layers. The hot layer makes the new layer stick and it's not enough to show any bleed.

thanks CandleMan...i suppose patience (which is something i lack) and practice is all it takes. atleast i have 50% of the mixture here! i think i know what you are suggesting...i'll give it a try. my next one will be slanted so i'll have to see how it works.