opinions...

Georgia

Last year at a show I met a man who was giving us pointers on improving our set up. He's been doing shows for 20 years and gave us a lot of good tips. One of the things he said was to wear a name badge. Even if people don't call you by name, they feel friendlier knowing your name. He's right. I always check out people's names - at the grocery, Walmart, whatever. The receptionist at my dentist doesn't have a name plaque. I can never remember her name and never make small talk when I'm there. Odd. Anyway, I found clear, make your own buttons at Michaels and made a name badge for myself that mirrors my scent labels. What do you guys think? Too corny or kind of catchy...

post-210-139458398109_thumb.jpg

It's an AWESOME idea, my hubby has always called waiters, cashiers, etc. by their names when he sees them wearing a name badge, and so lately I started doing it, and I'll be danged if I don't get waaaaay better service. ;):D

It puts you on a more personal level with people, making the customer feel you are more approachable and from the other side, making the employee feel like you think they are real people not just some slave helping them out. KWIM?? ;)

I'll have to remember that if I ever do a craft show or the like. thanks

I think that's a great idea, you feel more personable (is that a word???:grin2: ) when you use each others names. If a person has a name tag, I tend to call them by their name, that way they know I'm talking to them and not to somebody else. I think your tag looks great, it's funny because if I couldn't remember the name of your company, your name is easy to remember...my grandmother's name is Georgia, I live in the state of GA, and who can forget the Ray Charles song Georgia. So I like it, I think you should keep the tags.

I think it's actually a very good idea. It also looks professional - like you're a business, that has official standards and rules rather than a couple of people hawking candles. Not that it's bad to just be a few people hawking candles, before I offend anyone...but it's just very businesslike. I like!

Personally, I think it's a nice, friendly touch. I'm pretty bad with names & so I would find it helpful.

However (just to play devil's advocate for a moment), when I see someone with a name tag at a craft fair my very first thought, for some reason, is that they're a reseller of one of the "big guys" (like MaryKay or Partylite).

Just a thought...