Paper towels?!?!?

Hi,

I know that everyone uses paper towels to clean their molds and your pouring pots, I was told by another chandler to use the blue shop towles, because it gets the scent out better, just wonder what everyone else was using??? Thanks in advance.

Valerie

A couple of months ago, someone mentioned that toilet paper works better. I tried it and it works better and faster than paper towels. I also use less toilet paper than paper towels. And the cheap ones, like the ones at Dollar General at 6 rolls for $1.00, work just fine. For cleaning out the residue and scent, I used mold cleaner i got from Pourette. But any candle supplier has it. I think Michaels even has it.

I use papertowels. They work great.

C'mon ladies, after your wipe out the pour pot yeah you might still smell the scent but i've never had it mix in with the next batch. Hopefully you have more than one pot so after you wipe it out you can let it air out a bit before using it again...

Hi,

I know that everyone uses paper towels to clean their molds and your pouring pots, I was told by another chandler to use the blue shop towles, because it gets the scent out better, just wonder what everyone else was using??? Thanks in advance.

Valerie

The best candlemaking paper towel is Viva. Don't listen to those Bounty people.

I use paper towels and baby wipes. The baby wipes help remove the scent from your pour pot. I also put my pour pots upside down in the oven on a newspaper lined cookie sheet with the temp on warm,. This help to melt any wax off the pour pot and get rid of the scent.

That's what I used to think, until I discovered I was brainwashed by the television. Try Viva and you'll see. BruceCarvesWax is with me on this one.

Three Words for ya. Quicker. Picker. Upper. What more could you ask for?

And besides, TV doesn't lie. :cool2:

Another Viva vote! I bought 2 jumbo packs of Bounty but after trying out a few sheets, they got relegated to the kitchen (I'm not picky there). Nothing cleans my pour pots as well as Viva.

(Quite possibly my only brand loyalty!!)

Jane