Looking for a Tool

Made you look! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Now let's remove our minds from the gutter and address the issue at hand.

I need a tool that crimps things in a circular shape. Kind of like needle nose pliers without the straight edges. A very small circle. Does such a thing exist? Perhaps something used in jewerly making.

I need this for attaching wick tabs to wicking. I don't think that it's wise to leave the crimp flat, it will make the wick bend to one side and I don't want that.

Am I crazy, or just being too fussy?

(answer with care... LMAO!) :tiptoe:

You're being to fussy..

Now go to your hobby lobby/joanns/michaels and pick up a jewerly crimper.

Now Bun Bun, you have met me, do I seem high maintenance? :P

LMAO.... but of course! Run fast, and run far!

But I still don't think that the straight crimper is the tool for the job. Call me whatever- but there has to be a better way.

Candleman.. When I used the straight edges ones, the wick tab bent just enough to not lay flat on thebottom of the glass. What in the heck did I do wrong?

And Mystical.. That's what I was talkin about! "Answer with care" my butt!

Candleman.. When I used the straight edges ones, the wick tab bent just enough to not lay flat on thebottom of the glass. What in the heck did I do wrong?

And Mystical.. That's what I was talkin about! "Answer with care" my butt!

Hmmm, and a big DUH to you, my love. :grin2:

THATS what I am talking about. Those straight edge crimpers are not for crimping round objects. They don't work efficiently.

I don't know what kind of "tool" stores are near you but I would look at something like tool town (no, not the Love Pantry:naughty:) there are about a 100 different kind of pliars available for a variety of different applications. You might even come up with a solution in the tool department at Sears.

Made you look! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Now let's remove our minds from the gutter and address the issue at hand.

I need a tool that crimps things in a circular shape. Kind of like needle nose pliers without the straight edges. A very small circle. Does such a thing exist? Perhaps something used in jewerly making.

I need this for attaching wick tabs to wicking. I don't think that it's wise to leave the crimp flat, it will make the wick bend to one side and I don't want that.

Am I crazy, or just being too fussy?

(answer with care... LMAO!) :tiptoe:

Solderless terminal crimpers make the exact dimple crimp that you see on pretabbed wicks from the suppliers. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004SBDI/ref=sr_11_1/103-9400703-4195819?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=228013.

I've been meaning to try the jewelry crimpers also to see how they compare. Lots of people seem to use those and they're a little smaller and might be easier to use. However, if you like a big tool then the terminal crimper is the way to go. ;)

Thank you for your input, gentlemen. :)

Top, that thing you have weighs almost a pound. I don't know if my hands have the physical strength to maneuver this tool correctly. It might take two hands, and that might make it harder.

I'm glad I didn't take that out of context, LMAO! :laugh2:

I take it you're not a two handed kind of woman Mystical?

(OMG,, how could you post something like tha and not expect us to say anything!!!)

edited to add.. Come on Top! Take a pic of your tool for her! (You might want to PM it though, send it to Mystical, Kaybee, Me... The last two for verefication purposes..lol)

Perhaps you could post a picture, I am a visual creature. :wink2:

It would give me a better idea of what I would be up against.

Throw a coin in, for scale purposes~please.

Rummaging around for my wide angle lens. Of course I can show you how this thing is used and you won't need any hands at all.

Rummaging around for my wide angle lens. Of course I can show you how this thing is used and you won't need any hands at all.

LMAO :laugh2: :laugh2: !!!!!! If you can't find your wide angle lens, I'll loan you mine Top!!!!!