Cream Soap!

Bunny

Scented, the swap hasn't started. If the batch makes it, I'll start a swap! But will make a few twists.. Like, it can't be a product you've made before! Hmm.. You can pick something you've never made before, do a few batches to get it how you want it, and viola!

The Something New Swap!

oooh Me pick me pick me, I be wantin' some too-dang now I have to think of something to make for that swap. :D

that is soooo dang bootiful Bunny, cream soap for sure-looks like strawberry icecream that I used to mix around with my spoon to get it all soft and creamy just like that. ;)

So, why do you say "rot" instead of "cure"??? :confused: LOL

Got my fingers crossed that it turns out cuz I just gotta be havin' some of that! :D

oooh Me pick me pick me, I be wantin' some too-dang now I have to think of something to make for that swap. :D

that is soooo dang bootiful Bunny, cream soap for sure-looks like strawberry icecream that I used to mix around with my spoon to get it all soft and creamy just like that. ;)

So, why do you say "rot" instead of "cure"??? :confused: LOL

Got my fingers crossed that it turns out cuz I just gotta be havin' some of that! :D

I've seen it called both "rotting" and "developing". The texture and feel of the soap is supposed to change a bit, and it develops it's moisturization during the rot. I have no clue about why in the heck people calling it rotting, cause developing sure makes more sense. But rotting seems to be the more commenly used term.

And get your boo-tay to the swap section!

Whoa.. Of the zillions of websites I've read, that's the first one that says it can be cold processed! After reading the book last night, that doesn't make sense to me. But can't wait to hear your results!

OK I downloaded and then bought the cream soap calc. Kat's pretty cool too. I woke her up (oooooops) this morning. Anyways..I see Bekka has added a preservative AND Rita adds a preservative. Why is this necessary?

I've been questioning that one myself. With the ph that cream soap naturally is, it's not in the range of growing yeast, bacteria, or mold. I know there's a huge amount of water in there, but the ph is still high. In the batches that I swap, I'll preserve it. But the lemonade batch here, I'll leave it unadulterated and stick it in 6 months to see and make a better informed decision. If it comes back 100% clear, well, we just may not need it. And it might be that this specific recipe passes, but the next one might not. And with the different water amounts that'll have to be added to each batch, it might be better to play it safe with this one.

• 2 months later...

It still looks fantastic.. But I don't like the feel of it. And you have to use a lot to get any kind of bubbles.

I'm on recipe number 9, and it's just not getting any better. Will totally go "out of the box" on the next one to see what happens. I really really want this to work!