How to display candle samples

I make candles out of my home. I have alot of people want to sniff the different scents so I usually fix a small basket with votives so they can sample but this is kind of a pain. How does everyone else do it? I would like to find something like a tealight with plastic lid. Do they make them?? You could make kind of a folding carrying case, use velcro to attach the tealights and just pop them off if someone wanted to smell a certain scent. When the seasons change, just change out your scents and you're good to go. I am looking for advice on this one. Please help.

Where are the little tins located in Walmart. We currently have 2 supercenters in Fort Smith with the 3 being built soon. Surely I can find them at one. I hate to go to walmart. I have another question. When buying supplies for your business at Walmart, can you give them your tax # and not have to pay tax? I don't use Walmart much for candle stuff but I have seen some containers that would look good with wax in them. How about resturant supply business? Do they have anything worth checking in to? I think there is a bunch of those around here too.

I use the 1.5 ounce hex jars with no wick fot these. So it looks like a tiny candle , but really is a sample for me. There are different hsapes of this size to and with the lid and type of glass you dont have to worry about scent loss. You can either carry them in the box (usually come in a box of 24 or in a basket, tube, etc.

I use the 6 cavity clamshells for my samples, only b/c I had them on hand, and since I never started making tarts, etc. I needed to use them for something. ;)

I've yet to find those mini tins everyone keeps saying are at Walmart, dang it. :(

I'd love to have those, then carry them in a makeup type case that folds out, or something like that.

word of caution on the tins. I purchased watchmaker tins from one of the co-ops and poured my sample fragrances in them about a year ago and took it out the other day do add some more and noticed some of the lighter fragrances have lost their smell. I'm not sure if maybe the plastic in the lid might suck the fragrance out. I have switched to making wickless candles in baby food jars (with a 1 yr. old, I have plenty). Just haven't figured out how to transport conveniently yet.

Here's a nice thread http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4065&page=3&highlight=poly+cons

I ordered the poly cons from http://getorganizedcandles.com/en-us/dept_38.html#item_159. They are plastic hinged containers and a tealight can fit inside. This company just takes a while to ship the darn thing out!

Yes they do, weeks....... and don't answer emails either! I finally got my order after sending about three emails then they offered me a credit after they said my order was shipped twice before..... hmmmm...... So stupid me goes back and orders more of the same thing I ordered before and used the credit towards it and STILL no package no answer to numerous emails....... nothing! This has been since Dec 12, 05

I won't order from them again!!

I use the 2oz. *I think* to go containers that you get in restaurants for sauces etc. I put a tart in there. They are very cheap. When I discontinue a FO, I just throw it away.

HTH.

T

I use the 2 oz. souffle cups too. Got a big box of them from Sam's. I also use them for butters and scrubs and things that I'm testing instead of messing up one of my B&B containers. They are really lightweight and cheap. Work great for me.

I use the watchmakers case from Lee Valley. I get the ones big enough to put a tea lite in. Over time if they loose some of their scent for get yucky I just pitch the old tea lite and put a new one in.

I went to Walmart this morning and looked all over the store for the little metal tins. Also looked for small plastic containers with lids. I was in housewares,beauty,fishing section and hardware. One lady said they use to carry them but had discontinued them. Then I went to Sam's and there I found the 2oz. condiment containers but they only came in 2000 piece box and you had to buy the lids separate. Has anyone ever tried looking at a restruant(how do you spell this?) supply place to see what they have. I'll try to contact one today. I don't want to walk around with a laundry basket full of samples. There has to be a simple solution.

I've been thinking about this, too. I was going to use those little watchmaker tins but not too excited about them losing their scent. How 'bout little lip balm jars (1/4 oz.)? Lip balm is poured hot so they can take the heat and I think they are polypro so they shouldn't lose the scent.

I go to Gordons Food Service and get the solo cups granted you have to purchase the cups and lids seperate. I use the 1oz cups they come 250 per pack and the lids come 100 per pack. They are cheap. I got 250 cups and 300 lids for under $10.00.

Heather

I use a case made especially for sample scents - I don't know if they are the same tins that you can get at walmart or not, but I order them online from atwixend.com I believe you can get either a case for 20 or one for 40. They work pretty well. I will try to find a linq for you.....