Lorrie

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heaven-Cynt Candle Co ~ Ginger Peach

WOW! I really liked this soap... I was hesitant about using it, just cause as I said before I don't reallly lean toward food scents..But YUMMY! This is good stuff. I felt soooo good after getting out of the shower..Not drying at all..And the Peach scent wasn't the least bit over powering... The colors in it really popped too after it got wet... Looked beautiful! GREAT job on this soap!:cheesy2:

Heaven-Cynt Candle Co ~ Ginger Peach

WOW! I really liked this soap... I was hesitant about using it, just cause as I said before I don't reallly lean toward food scents..But YUMMY! This is good stuff. I felt soooo good after getting out of the shower..Not drying at all..And the Peach scent wasn't the least bit over powering... The colors in it really popped too after it got wet... Looked beautiful! GREAT job on this soap!:cheesy2:

YAAAA!!!!! I'm soooo glad you enjoy it Moochelle! I don't lean toward food scents either but I really like this Ginger Peach and decided to try it. After a couple of reviews about the bubbles, I focused on a new recipe for more bubbles and I think I've found it. So far so good. Thanks for the compliment!:grin2:

Carrie kjbrook-- Your shea butter. I really liked it. I think you have a great scent and a wonderful recipe there. I wouldn't change a think. If you ever want someone to test of batch of soap in this scent.. Look me up

Lorrie, I made another batch of the bergamot soap. The only problem is I added about 1/4 tsp of color to the batch and it was too much. The suds are yellow. It is curing. Let me know if you want to try it and I'll send you a bar when it gets a little dryer. (I don't discount water so they have to cure forever)

Lynda381-Krystal Creations--Chamomile-Lavender soap--- This soap lathered up nicely on my wash cloth and smelled great. I am surprised the scent came from the tea solution and of couse the lavender but I smelled the chamomile in there. Great job. :smiley2:

luverpup36- Blue skies soap-- I didn't get bubbles on my wash cloth but it did bubble on when I just used my hands to lather. I wasn't able to smell the scent it was faint. The color of the blue and white were beautiful and I love how the white was so bright. You did a great job. The re-batch chunk seemed to bubble up even more than the other bar. It had big bubbles rather than a lather at first but it got bubbly. :smiley2:

Sorry it has taken me so long to post. :embarasse

Here's what I have so far.

Krystal Kreations - Chamomile & Lavender

I really loved this soap. Very nice hard bar with great lather. The scent was faint but very very nice. I will have to try this one out for myself.

Sawyer's Moon - Cranberry Yuzu

Loved the scent, very nice. Great lather and feels really nice on my skin.

Heaven Cynt - Ginger Peach

Very nice light scent. Not too many bubbles but felt really nice.

Moochelle - Goat's milk

Very nice scent. Lathers very well. Your soap inspired me to try GM in

of my recipes. Haven't used mine yet but yours was very nice.

That's it for now. I will try a couple more this week and post them later on. :smiley2:

Sorry, I forgot one. :rolleyes2

Texas Brat - Pink Sugar

One of my very favorite scents. I tried to cp it once but didn't much like the color that it turned out. Your soap smells really nice and lathers very well. Lots of bubbles. Left my skin feeling really good.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some more reviews and a bump, I found this on page 4 I think.

Shutterbug: I love the mango shea butter. I looked for the recipe and didn't find it (maybe I was just having a brain fart) The scent is just strong enough. I used it on my hands for a few days straight before bed. Very nice.

The soap is so lightly scented that I can barely smell it. It was a little drying the first shower, but I used it a few more times and wasn't drying after that.

Mountain Madness: This is a very nice shaving bar. I love the moose, what a great idea. I would never have thought of buying this scent, but I really like it.

KSBell: I liked the sugar scrub. I've been using a larger size sugar in mine, but I think I like the small sugar better. The minty scent is also nice and refreshing first thing in the morning.

Heaven-Cynt: Ginger Peach. This smells incredible. I told my sister about it, she is coming over this afternoon to steal it from me. I always use shower gloves in the shower, so everything lathers so I don't really have a lather review. All I know is it was such a nice smell in the morning and not drying a bit.

Miss Mellis: You won't get any complaints from me about this lard soap. I use lard in alot of my soaps, I love it. I'm not usually a big fan of sweet soaps but I like the pineapple. No drying and for lather see above. Sorry I don't have a lather review.

Still working on the rest. I am also testing some of my own soaps and there isn't enough time in the day for all the showers I'd have to take to get this done any sooner. Will update again soon

The last two things from my swap box:

Macy Boutique --Milk Bath--- I don't take baths but I had my dd use it in her bath and she loved it. At first she wondered why her water was milky looking, she's six. lol :laugh2:

Lorrie---- Tommy Soap---I really liked this soap a lot. It was a nice hard bar and I loved the white, I don't see white very often with homemade soaps. It lathered and bubbled pefectly. And since I have never smelt Tommy before I would say it was nice. :smiley2:

That's all, I am pretty sure I got everyone.

Lorrie, I made another batch of the bergamot soap. The only problem is I added about 1/4 tsp of color to the batch and it was too much. The suds are yellow. It is curing. Let me know if you want to try it and I'll send you a bar when it gets a little dryer. (I don't discount water so they have to cure forever)

Oh crap I totally missed this one.. I am pming you right now. sorry....

I'm sorry you guys are having trouble with the recipe!

I whipped the scrub before putting it in the little jars if that helps anything. I didn't want it to tear the hyde off, so I didn't make it too scrubby! Add a little more oil to the mixture until it becomes more pliant and then whip it! And whip it some more!

Kim

Shutterbugs Angels Trumpet ~ YUMMY! That is all I can say..I loved the scent of this one..It wasn't overpowering :) It lathered GREAT and left my skin feeling great! A++++

PS - I have been trying to post this for 2 days and couldn't get the "reply to thread" page to load :angry2: So sorry it is late...Hence..This bar is used very well by now! Think I have 2 more bars in my box to try..............When's the next "Still technically a newbie" swap??? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished the last of the products in the swap.

TexasBrat I like the pink sugar smell, very nice. It had nice bubbles and lather, not drying at all.

mysticglow I love this bar of soap. The scent was pretty mild but that was fitting for the scent. However, this is the first time I've used an OO Soap. Wow, I could feel the difference immediately. I'm definately saving this recipe to try soon.

Lorrie I really like the scent of your bar and it stayed on for a while after the shower. No dryness and good lather and bubbles.

KJBell Very mild scent. I really like the feel of lard soaps.

Krystal Kreations I really like this combo of lavender and chamomile. Where did you get it, or did you mix it? Nice lather, not drying.

Blue Skies I had some trouble getting this soap to lather or bubble. I was nice on the skin, just almost no bubbles. The scent was nice and it wasn't a bit drying. I am looking at the bar right now and it is so shiny. It's dark right now and the only light is from the monitor and this bar is totaly shiny. Kinda neat.

There, done. Wow. Sorry it took so long to get all these done.

Now I need to finish the last batch of votives from the summer swap, oops.