Newbie Soap Swap!

Lorrie

Well, since I ran outta the sugar scrub stuff, I already decided what was gonna be my next after that went bye-bye..lol

Glowlite Lizzy's Luxury Bar ~ Got some awesome lather going on this one.... I had already intended to use this on my face with my exfoliating brush thingy (I swear, I wish I had never heard the word "thingy"..Everything I come in contact with is "thingy")....Anyway, I love the way this felt on my skin..Nice and soft.. It made my face feel great! I can't wait to get home in the morning and wash again...lol Your packaging was nice and simple..I love that! Great job..Now I gotta try this recipe for myself :) lol

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carrie kjbrook-- Your shea butter. I really liked it. I think you have a great scent and a wonderful recipe there. I wouldn't change a think. If you ever want someone to test of batch of soap in this scent.. Look me up ;)

I tried, but it came out lye heavy and the scent kinda morphed. It doesn't smell the same. I'll work on it.

Shutterbugs Soap- Nice hard bar and lathers like crazy on the washcloth and the scenting was just right. I also love the swirly colors. :)

Mango Shea butter Wow, this stuff is great, I use it on my knees to get rid of the little dry patches, it has great texture and scent.

KJBrook Bergamot shea butter, I don't know if it was suppose to be fluffy or not but the packaging made me think it should have been for that size container but when I got it was like a liquid, it still works and smells YUMMY but I am thinking the Texas heat zapped it. :(

Sorry it has taken me sooo long to get going on these reviews. Just been so darn busy I haven't even had the time to bathe....J/K :D

Macy Boutique. Halo Milk Bath. Love this scent and left my skin very soft and smooth. I forgot how much I love milk baths. Kids like this one too.

Carries. Bergamont Shea Butter. I think the AZ heat got to this one before I did. It wasn't whipped anymore. Great scent reminded me of lemon pudding. After forcing myself to put it on my body and not in my mouth I found that it went on smooth and isn't too oily. I woke the next morning with very soft arms and feet. I would love to have a bath tub filled with this so I can just sit in it!

Krystal Kreations. Chamomile-lavender soap Smell great. Great lather, Dh tried this one in the shower. Said it washed off rather well and he liked it. I have only used it on my hand and it seems like a very conditioning bar. Not drying at all.

Mountain Madness Shaving soap This was the first time I ever used a shaving soap. I have only ever used foams or creams. So this was a real treat. I LOVE it. I love the little moose on it. I tried so hard not use that side so it would'n wash the moose away. I got the sikiest shave ever and now am trying to get dh to test it. but he's not quite sure. I'll keep ya posted on whether he does.

KSBell's Foaming Sugar Scrub I think the smell is chocolate mint. which I love. It doesn't foam very much but the scrubbing action makes up for it big time. I used this on my face my feet my whom darn body and I love it!! Not so abrasive that it hurts but enough to do the job. :)

Macy Boutique. Halo Milk Bath. I have used this but I need to do it alone with out using other products to do a fair test.

Carries. Bergamont Shea Butter. I just love this. Scent everything. I have used it nightly and it has helped my feet so much. Now just to keep my shoes on. :)

Mountain Madness Shaving soap Great scent! I too love the moose.

Never had made a shaving soap myself so now I am going to have to try this. Trying to get my husband to try it too.

Glowlite Lizzy's Luxury Bar I really like this bar. Nice creamy color. Great lather and rinses off well. My skin felt great afterwards.

Will add more later.....

Hi everyone! I've been M.I.A. for a while...sorry! My Dad's been in the hospital with kidney surgery twice in a month and now is home and I've been helping them out night and day!

I have enjoyed so many of your soaps and things. I am going to list the ones I've tried here and then bring my list up tomorrow and make sure I name everyone's items as I try them! :rolleyes:

First of all...Glowlite, everyone's right, loved the luxury bar. Great lather and scent.

The Milk Bath was a huge hit with my friend's daughter. I have to hide that stuff all the time. I soak in some of that every chance I get. I poured some out for my mom, too. She needs a break every now and then during this time.

Shutterbug--the mango-shea butter was a huge hit, too. My mom loves it. I only got to try it once and she nabbed it! She loves it.

KJBrooks--Bergamot Shea Butter was runny for me also, but it feels wonderful. I love the scent.

Miss Meliss--Pineapple Punch soap was my favorite scent! Beautiful soap. Loved the lather.

Sawyer Moon--Cranberry & Yuzu are going to be the next FO's I order...yumm! Love this soap. It feels so creamy and the lather is wonderful. Great shaving soap.

That's all I've tried so far. Everyone's packaging looks so great, puts mine to shame....sorry :o I'm glad some of you like the sugar scrub. My girls really like that stuff. It was chocolate mint! You guys were right! I don't know how foamy that stuff is supposed to get (FBB). Thanks for the kind words about my soap as well. I love to make Milk n Honey soap for my Mom. She loves that soap to shave with. Her skin is so dry.

I'll post more as I use them...great job everyone! I'm so impressed!

Kim Bell (ksbell)

Couple more real quick....

Macy Boutique Halo Milk Bath ~ Ok....I know I didn't exactly use a "measured amount" in my bathwater..but oh well.. I LOVED IT! Had never smelled this scent before and it made my skin feel so soft..and nourished..and darn I wish I hadn't used it all :( Great job!!!

FireFlies&Pixies/Sawyers Moon Cranberry Yuzu ~ I loved your packaging... Everything from the wrapping in the little brown bag, to the actual soap packaging... :) I wanted to use it cause I had never smelled the Yuzu thing everyone has been talking about..But I didn't want to use it cause it was too darn cute to take out of the packaging..lmao----But after finally breaking down and using it I was pleased beyond words... I used it in the bath and it was great...Didn't get a great deal of lather...But the way it made my skin feel more than made up for it :) Great job... Now, send me another bar so I can not open it...lol - j/k

Thanks!

I'm really loving TexasBrat's Pink Sugar soap....tons of bubbles! My 9yo ds loves it too... I held out on Pink Sugar for the longest time because everyone was "loving" it and I try to be different :P but nope - I love it so I have a big ol' bottle just for myself!

KSBell - I haven't used the scrub yet...but I really love your bar of soap! I love the scrubbiness of it! Are you willing to share your recipe?

It's so fun trying the different soaps! I love swaps!!!!

Jen

Sorry its taking me so long to do this but here goes...

Kjbrook,,, This didnt make it to me in very good shape,very runny guess the heat got to it. But after it set next to the air for a day, it is awesome. love the smell and texture of it. Great job!!

Moo- Love your soap,, great lather, great smell not bad for a newbie! lol

Glowlite,, not much lather, but man my hands felt clean! Is this scented? I cant smell anything

Krystals Kreations- great lather, hands feel nice and clean but very very light scent,, i want more of that chamomile and lavendar smell.

Heaven-Cynt candles- Not to many bubbles for me, but i love the way my hands felt after i washed them. Very lightly scented

Miss melis- Wow love this fragrance. Smells great Great big bubbles Great job for just starting HP

KSbell- LOVE this scrub!!! Think i read it was chocolate mint,, yummy yummy yummy,, my face felt like the inside of a peppermint patty!! Great job!!

More to come!

Mysticglow-----Water Blossom & Ivy CP Soap ----nice lather and smells great. I haven't used a bar with avocado oil in it, it's very nice. :)

Ksbell-- I love the fbb sugar scrub, the smell is scrumptious and the amount of scrubbies is just perfect, not to harsh and it left my skin moistureized afterwards. Can you share your recipe for it? :)

Heaven Cynt Ginger peach soap--nice lather, not to many bubble but it was a nice lather and the scent was subtle but nice.

Moochelle Smelled great but I don't know what fo was used, cute packaging. Your soap was soft at first but once I used it it was a hard bar, it was just soft on the outside. It didn't have have tons of bubbles but it had a nice lather on my washcloth. I like the way it was cut with all the wavy's on it. I also liked the two tone color of the bar.

Sawyers Moon Cranberry Yuzu- OMG I love this scent. I used it in the shower and it seemed to bubble and lather just fine. I do use shower gloves so that may have had something to do with it. I didn't find it drying at all. I didn't get the recipe, is it posted on here or the old board?

Still working on the others. More later.

Lorrie: do you still have the sheet with the 2 recipes I sent to you? If so, can you post them? If you don't, I'll find the recipe for the scrub and the soap. They're not a secret!

Glad you guys liked them.

Kim

Lynda 381 ~ Chamomile - Lavender

I think I am the only person on the face of the earth that isn't a fan of Lavender...But, CHANGE NOTHING WITH THIS BAR/RECIPE!! The lather on this bar was extraordinary..And it made my skin feel so good! I loved it except for that scent..lol FABULOUS job :D

Mountain Madness -- Buttered Rum Shaving Cream I like how you outlined the moose, very nice. Lather was good w/without cloth; very creamy and the scent linger was good.

Mysticglow -- Fruit Slices Very good scent; bright yellow color and lathered well w/without cloth. Creamy lather and the scent lingered as well.

KSBELL -Milk n' Honey & Foaming Sugar Scrub Ok, you inspired me to make buttermilk and honey and mine was no where near yours. Was this HP? Very hard, bubbled and lathered well w/without cloth. The sugar scrub foaming was light. Good thickness, exfoliation and my skin was very soft after drying.

Texas Brat -- Pink Sugar This soap bubbled before I added water! LOL The bubbles took off right away and the lather had great buildup viscosity (sp?) w/without cloth. Scent was a little lite but lingered after use.

Well, I think that's everybody. I've enjoyed it ladies. Thank you.:)

KSBell--MilknHoney soap---Loved this soap. Hubby really liked it, said it lathered great and wondered what scrubbies are in there? I didn't see anything on the ingredients but wondered maybe if it was the honey and it crystalized? If they weren't scrubbies in there it was cool whatever it was. lol Great job. :)

Texas Brat -- Pink Sugar This soap bubbled before I added water! LOL The bubbles took off right away and the lather had great buildup viscosity (sp?) w/without cloth. Scent was a little lite but lingered after use.

Thanks. :)

Mountian Madness shaving soap----I love this soap, I didn't use it for shaving but as a whole body soap. :D I LOVE the scent and it was great on bubbles for me. Now you have to tell how you got that moose on their? I didn't notice until I was already using it. lol

He is adorable, how did you know a moose is my most favorite aminal? lol YOu are no newbie that is for sure. ;) Also, where did you get the bay rum scent? Hubby really liked how it had a hint of cinnamon to it and wants me to make some regular soap with it. :)