Spruce Crackle

eugenia

You have a good eye. It is chunks. This is Donita's technique. This is a one lb mold. I made 12 ounces of scented, colored chunks and filled the mold. Took the rest of the chunks that did not fitted and melted them with 4 more ounces of wax and a little FO (no additional color).

You have to make your pillar wicked for this technique, and leave the wick a little long. Take the finished pillar and and holding by the wick, dip into boiling for for 20-30 seconds (turn heat off first). Immediately plunge into ice with water added and the cracks will appear. I've found a pitcher works well. Shows more on darker colors and according to Donita, cinnamon scents crack the most.

If you just leave the pot off water alone to cool, the wax will all rise to the top and harden. You can pull it right off and toss in the trash, sparing your drain form molten wax.

e

What is that exactly? If not for your description I would have sworn I saw chunks in there. Beautiful candle.

That worked very well...I see the cracke....sometimes I get tiny tiny cracks, thousands of them, and other times they are larger...Different FO's and I have heard it is the way you hold your tongue (Jeff from Pourette told me that one hears ago)...hee hee hee. I love the green ....please tell us what it is....I don't scent my chunks because I make millions of them and have boxes filled with all of the colors....then I scent my over pour. But yours is just georgeous. Donita