Getting scents to linger on the skin?

epheme

I received some bath melts from another message board user that was absolutely amazing.

The scent was TO DIE FOR, and the scent stayed on your skin all day!

I'm not sure if it was the % of FO she used or just that particular FO in general.

I want to purchase this FO to make soap with it, but she is just unsure exactly which one it was. It was buttery, sugary and sooooooooo yummy.

I wanted to eat it....or just one lick anyways........haha

:drool:

I received some bath melts from another message board user that was absolutely amazing.

The scent was TO DIE FOR, and the scent stayed on your skin all day!

I'm not sure if it was the % of FO she used or just that particular FO in general.

I want to purchase this FO to make soap with it, but she is just unsure exactly which one it was. It was buttery, sugary and sooooooooo yummy.

I wanted to eat it....or just one lick anyways........haha

:drool:

I think the quality of the fo makes a difference.

For example, I have love spell from 2 different suppliers

#1 I use 1 oz ppo in soap

#2 I use 1 oz for 3.5# recomended usage rate 1.9 percent

Actually #2 smells stronger.

there are so many things.. like was allready entioned.. the particular FO

the particular products, oils used, the PERSON!!

Most places will say a perfume.. is designed to last at leat 4 hours, so thats a good place to aim for.. if you have dry skin, your skin will absorb the scent oils faster and you will lose your scent faster.. you can make your scent last longer by being moisturized...say.. you wanted your fav perfume to last longer... rub your wrists or HOT spots with some plain mineral oil or same scented lotion a bit before applying..and of course products with higher oil content, like lotion or body butter, are gonna hold scents longer than a drier product...

i think it is the scent i have one that you can smell in the soap after several hours. same soap but can not find any other scents that stay on like that one.i tried more scent got one so strong couldn't stand to take a bath with it. through it away.but the scent did not stay on the skin.any one figures out why let me no.

Before making my own soap. I used some from a soap shop close to me. This woman hand pours (MP) her soap. Most of her scents stayed on me so long it got annoying. I have often wondered why my bars can smell strong but not last on my skin like hers. Is it because hers was MP, not CP?