2nd try

Scented

OK attempt at a second batch, but I am thinking it may not gel. Made the lye water last night and well I couldn't get it up to 100. So I gave up. Probably a bad thing right? The oils still changed color when it was added to the batch. OH and I don't think anything caved in on me this time. I didn't have trouble pouring it and really didn't have any major spills like I did the last time. Still used too much stuff to weigh out stuff, so another full sink and another wait and see.

How will one ever know if it gels? I've read of people forcing gel, but what do you do to do that? Stick in a preheated oven?

This is scented Jamaica Me Crazy. Used teal and blue coloring so we'll see if anything comes out or if I get a glob of goo.

[ATTACH]4773[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458393752_thumb.jpg

That looks awesome.:yay: I LOVE the color! Now cover that baby up, take a deep breath, and relax. What will be will be. If if gels, it will be fine - if it doesn't gel it will be fine (it will probably gel, though). You soaped at low temps, so it will probably take it's sweet time to gel, especially if you had a well-behaved fo. You are doing GREAT!

OK attempt at a second batch, but I am thinking it may not gel. Made the lye water last night and well I couldn't get it up to 100. So I gave up. Probably a bad thing right? The oils still changed color when it was added to the batch. OH and I don't think anything caved in on me this time. I didn't have trouble pouring it and really didn't have any major spills like I did the last time. Still used too much stuff to weigh out stuff, so another full sink and another wait and see.

How will one ever know if it gels? I've read of people forcing gel, but what do you do to do that? Stick in a preheated oven?

This is scented Jamaica Me Crazy. Used teal and blue coloring so we'll see if anything comes out or if I get a glob of goo.

[ATTACH]4773[/ATTACH]

taking a look-see:)

Looks good...can't wait to see pics after it's unmolded and cut.:)

I often make my lye the night before so don't worry. Room temperature is fine. I CPOP, meaning I put my soap into an oven at 170 or so for an hour to force the gel. Leave it in there overnight or take it out and cover with a blanket/towel. If it gels great. If it doesn't great! You'll have soap, don't worry. And it looks great.:highfive:

Yep you are definately gellin! Sometimes when I use room temp lye water the whole soap log does not gel just the middle. It still makes soap so no problem there but you will notice a darker or brighter circle in the middle. That is what actually gelled. In order for the soap to reach full gel (to the outer edges of the mold) you might have to towel layer the mold to insulate it or as someone said earlier put it in the oven at a really low heat for a little while. Either way it will still be soap! Congrats on your second batch and cant wait to see it cut!!!!:yay:

Pam