Candle Dye On Jeans, help

I don't know if it'll leave an oil stain that will wash out or not. Usually when I try to get stains out I'll fold a paper towel a few times, place it under the stain and then put whatever I am treating it with on the stain and blot it. It will then transfer to the papertowels. You can then spray it with Spray and Wash or another stain treatment product to remove the oil. Dawn dish detergent will also break up oil/grease stains.

Thats what I was just coming here to say! I got red candle dye on my favorite lazy day shirt...you know those huge mens shirts? lol

Well, I soaked the spot with cooking oil and scrubbed with dawn - came right now. Should the grease have stained - all you do is take some wd40 spray it on the grease and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then scrub that with dish soap. Works everytime ;) It sounds scary at first...but it works. The first time I tried it, I spilled about 1/2 cup of cooking oil on a brand new pair luckys (pricey jeans :shocked2: ) - I was sooo scared of messing those up worse lol

I was wondering if I could toss some towels in the washing machine that have some candle wax on them. I was a little worried to do that but I sure hate to toss a dozen towels. I don't mean to hijack here...it is KINDA the same topic-ish.

I am not sure about Candle Dye on your clothing, but we ( Hairdressers) have been using aresol hairspray for years on haircolor. Just spray the spots really well and wash. Its worth a try.

Micheal, for the wax on the towels, place a piece of paper towel over the wax and run the iron over it, the wax will absorb into the paper towel. Works great for wax on carpet too, if you just wash them the wax will stay on the towels, and may melt and leave residue on your dryer lint trap (ask me how I know)

The jeans have been saved and the dye is completly out, thank you everyone. I sprayed the stains well with hairspray, put a paper towel behind them and blotted it out. Then I treated the area with spray and wash, and washed them with colour safe bleach and tide in the load.

Yes, I'm considering myself to be very lucky. There was no way I was going down to one pair of pants until the maternity clothes fit, So I would have been walking around with big spashes of red running down my leg.

Believe it or not, hairspray take permanent marker off of nearly everything. My daughter (10 yrs old) is very artistic and love to color on balloons, etc with sharpie markers; thus getting a ton of it on her hands and arms. :mad: My mom told me to spray hairspray on her hand and it will come off.....Lo and behold.......GONE!!:yay:

I also use hairspray to take the marker off of items from the local thrift store. HTH somebody, I know it helps me. :cool2:

Pam in Upper Michigan