Just for fun for us OG’s here

so-soy

Found a blast from the past…anyone remember Daystars Frosted Indulgence fragrance oil? I believe I just bought a candle from Goose Creek that smells just like that oil…it’s their Candy Corn 3 wick candle. And it’s super strong too. As soon as I smelled it I knew I smelled it before…it kept bugging me…I was sure it was either a Daystar or a Just Scent fragrance…then it came to me Daystars Frosted Indulgence. Now is it the same? IDK, but this is what my brain remembers it as! LOL They sure had some really nice oils back in the day. 

• Like 3

I miss the good old days! Nowadays it's all about making a quick buck for the manufacturers, the suppliers and makers. Waxes are NOT what they used to be. Overload on wax blends and FO's for sure. Seems like every day there's a new blend popping up somewhere. It's ridiculous. I decided to go back to old school candle making and simplicity. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, so-soy said:

Found a blast from the past…anyone remember Daystars Frosted Indulgence fragrance oil? I believe I just bought a candle from Goose Creek that smells just like that oil…it’s their Candy Corn 3 wick candle. And it’s super strong too. As soon as I smelled it I knew I smelled it before…it kept bugging me…I was sure it was either a Daystar or a Just Scent fragrance…then it came to me Daystars Frosted Indulgence. Now is it the same? IDK, but this is what my brain remembers it as! LOL They sure had some really nice oils back in the day. 

I don't recall that one, but I nabbed a pound of all of her available oils last summer because she was out of stock on so many things.  Then closed for vacation and family things.  Had family things again this summer, and her site is simply suspended now.  :(  I hope things get better and she's able to reopen.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, so-soy said:

Yes it was! And the fragrances were so much stronger and IMO just so much better smelling…those just starting out in the last couple years really don’t know what great fragrances we used to get…

I was here when the site was run by Peak(?) in the early 2000s.  I miss that era so much.  I still have some frags from then who survived two 1700 mile moves and are as good today as they were then.

• Like 4

On 9/28/2023 at 8:05 AM, so-soy said:

Found a blast from the past…anyone remember Daystars Frosted Indulgence fragrance oil? I believe I just bought a candle from Goose Creek that smells just like that oil…it’s their Candy Corn 3 wick candle.

I just bought that candle myself.   The pumpkin label was so cute I had to.    I'm super excited now!    It should be here any day now.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 11:24 AM, franu61 said:

I recently used up the last of my Mr. Misty blackberry cheesecake.  Had to be at least 10 years old, and still SOOO good.  It is true, they just don't make 'em like that anymore.  :(

Mr. Misty blackberry cheesecake was the absolute best.    Many of Mr. Misty oils were wahhhhhhhh

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I miss the old days on Craft server. We had some fun topics to discuss, such as which scent do you hate to pour. I liked to read Trappeur's (Suzanne's) posts. I remember sitting outside one summer night and having a long telephone conversation with her. So many of us wanted to visit her at her cabin. 

I found this forum in 2009 when I first started making candles. I  learned a lot from you experienced candle makers. I especially searched for reviews of certain scents.

Belinda and I became friends through this forum and later FB messenger. I got to have lunch with her last January when I visited my brother in Texas. Turned out that in that vast state, she actually lived not far from him.

The many Facebook candle groups just aren't the same as this forum.

• Like 3