Big candle leakage

Guys I make these big candles.. I used to make them with 3 wicks earlier and there would be unused wax around it like a thick wall ! Then  I made them with 5 thin wicks and this happened.. can anyone throw some light as to how to get them to burn only inward and create a thin wall when burning so that there is no leakage. Clients expect all the wax to be used , a slow burn and no leakage. Well hope someone has the perfect answer for me. 
It’s paraffin wax.. diameter is 6 inches and FO is 7%
Thanks in advance! 

8d09956c-f59f-4198-8e1a-d9620ec8902e.jpeg

• Shocked 1

I’m either case - 3 wick or 5 - change the spacing of the wicks closer or further from the sides to figure out the optimal heat exchange to consume the wax how you prefer. Close to the edges leaves less shell. Closer to the center to create more shell. 

• Like 1

I don’t see how you could get a candle to burn safely and without spillage if you don’t have a shell. I would be very upset if my candle blew out like that all over table. I would go back to three and keep closer in center and educate customers why you had “safety” shell.

• Like 1

I did test them several times. With 3 wicks and with 5 really thin wicks. It was a slow burn which lasted days. I am foxed as to how there was a leakage.

Because they are such big candles they take really long to burn fully. And the client had taken 3 of them in 3 different heights. Only the shortest one is the one in which she has had this issue. I wonder if it’s the height of the candle that made it consume the wax like that. I plan to retest and only then put them back on sale and probably go back to 3 or 4 wicks closer to the center.