The Candle Source

• 4 weeks later...

Well, that's what I get for finding a scent I really like.  I ordered from them about a month or so ago and blended two of their scents, really enjoying the result.  I wonder how wrong it is to ask how to find those scents, if they would answer, or if that's just not right to do. I guess I can look on the bright side that I got an order in before they closed! 

14 minutes ago, birdcharm said:

Well, that's what I get for finding a scent I really like.  I ordered from them about a month or so ago and blended two of their scents, really enjoying the result.  I wonder how wrong it is to ask how to find those scents, if they would answer, or if that's just not right to do. I guess I can look on the bright side that I got an order in before they closed! 

The way I see it, there is no harm in asking.  

• Like 1

I hate to hear this. They had the best tart wax but their shipping to me was too high so I quit using it. I wish I could get ahold of them to see if there was another supplier who carried it. I've never been able to find it anywhere else. I also liked some of their oils too.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Belinda said:

I hate to hear this. They had the best tart wax but their shipping to me was too high so I quit using it. I wish I could get ahold of them to see if there was another supplier who carried it. I've never been able to find it anywhere else. I also liked some of their oils too.

Loren was out of wax for over a year. Not the first time this happened with TCS. :(
He would never say where his wax came from or if another supplier carried it. Some of us figured out that Swan's carried it but I don't think they do anymore.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 5:25 AM, Lizzy said:

...  He would never say where his wax came from or if another supplier carried it ...

Do you think they would be offended if I asked them where a couple of their scents were from? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, birdcharm said:

Do you think they would be offended if I asked them where a couple of their scents were from? 

Some are nice and forthcoming.  Did you ever buy from Moonworks? When she closed she shared all of her sources, and PFO ended up carrying the line. 😊

3 hours ago, birdcharm said:

I just emailed Loren and asked if he'd mind sharing where his oils and wax came from. :) He was never very forthcoming about his wax but maybe now that he no longer sells supplies he will share. All we can do is ask...and all he can do is say yes or no. I know I will be crying rivers of tears once I get low on some of his oils. :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lizzy said:

I just emailed Loren and asked if he'd mind sharing where his oils and wax came from. :) He was never very forthcoming about his wax but maybe now that he no longer sells supplies he will share. All we can do is ask...and all he can do is say yes or no. I know I will be crying rivers of tears once I get low on some of his oils. :(

Maybe he would consider a special buy for you and others who like his fragrances. 

On 5/15/2023 at 1:34 PM, Lizzy said:

... I know I will be crying rivers of tears once I get low on some of his oils. :(

It just took me way too long to get around to ordering more samples from them.  At least I did order a couple of larger sizes, but it was the Floating Driftwood that I took a liking to, along with South Pacific Waters (2:1), those two seem to go well together for some reason ... on their own they were okay, but together, very nice!

Edited by birdcharm

On 5/16/2023 at 3:08 PM, Lizzy said:

considering he hasn't bothered to reply I highly doubt it. <_<

I have a friend who has emailed him in the past with no reply. That's why I didn't email him about his wax. I really liked his sugared cranberry and the great pumpkin oils too and a few others. That was pretty crappy to not let people know what was going on. The least they could do is refer their customers to other suppliers that may carry the same oils and wax.

11 hours ago, Belinda said:

I have a friend who has emailed him in the past with no reply. That's why I didn't email him about his wax. I really liked his sugared cranberry and the great pumpkin oils too and a few others. That was pretty crappy to not let people know what was going on. The least they could do is refer their customers to other suppliers that may carry the same oils and wax.

This is only the second or third time he hasn't replied to my emails in the last 17 years so I'm not sure what to make of it. I have always had a decent  " email relationship" with him. He's always been very helpful in regards to questions about usage of his wax and oils. Just not very forthcoming with actual facts about his wax(es) which to a degree I can understand if it was proprietary. Other suppliers don't give much info on that front either. The Google says "temporarily closed" now ....not sure what to make of that either. I know I will miss his goodies. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 4:50 AM, Lizzy said:

This is only the second or third time he hasn't replied to my emails in the last 17 years so I'm not sure what to make of it. I have always had a decent  " email relationship" with him. He's always been very helpful in regards to questions about usage of his wax and oils. Just not very forthcoming with actual facts about his wax(es) which to a degree I can understand if it was proprietary. Other suppliers don't give much info on that front either. The Google says "temporarily closed" now ....not sure what to make of that either. I know I will miss his goodies. 

Well hopefully it's a temporary thing. Maybe he'll respond to your email soon. I hope everything's ok with them.

8 hours ago, Belinda said:

Well hopefully it's a temporary thing. Maybe he'll respond to your email soon. I hope everything's ok with them.

Haven't heard a peep as of yet. I am guessing oversaturation and insane inflation of the market in general might be a factor. He's kept his prices pretty decent.
The whole suppliers/maker market is oversaturated and prices are completely ridiculous. Not to mention shipping.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...