Talls photo hurricanes

Wow thanks everyone. I took this picture for my brochure, along with a couple of the others that I posted here. Problem is I don't feel comfortable selling my candles yet :o . So I have the brochures made up and I can't show them. Well I couldn't til I pulled out the pages about things other than the hurricanes. I took a lot of local pics of sunsets and local stuff, as well as suggestions of other pics I could use, customers family pics etc. As well as suggestions of occasions when these would make great gifts. I sold a ton of them last Christmas. Help to reimburse me for my other candle supplies. ;)

Anywho thank you for the compliments. There are others on the board that are much better than myself and I look up to them for inspiration.

Thanks again everyone.

For those having trouble with these, tips I've found......

I start with HOT wax, gives you extra work time. I keep my high dryer/heat gun handy incase I need extra time. If so I just hit the outside of the mold with the heat, works great.

I use a square or retangle shape, much easier to place and keep straight than one cut to the shape of the image.

I cut carefully to make sure it's straight on all sides. A crooked cut will either result in either a crooked pic, or it'll look crooked.

I place bottom edge along bottom of mold, easiest to get a straight pic this way.

I start at one bottom corner when cooling wax around pic, then go to that upper corner and cool. I then lightly drag skewer to make sure it stays straight and flush with mold and cool other bottom corner, go back to first side if it's melting, then go back. I do this back in forth till both sides are covered then concentrate on center, but go back to sides when needed. When I have a nice skin over the back of the pic, I move to water bath, keeping a cold washcloth over the outside of the mold where the pic is so wax doesn't melt in the mean time.

Most important is to take your time. I still have remelts from time to time, but those are usually a result of me being in a hurry, not cutting pic straight, being in a hurry placing pic.... HTH someone out there.

I use a skewer to place rather than a wooden spoon, much easier to see what your doing, and you can apply the pressure right where you need it.