Tart Burners...

BizzyBs

I had a customer email and say that the paint peeled off the inside of the top part where the tart melts. I replaced it for her and she sent me the ruined one...it looked terrible when I got it back...I was so embarrassed to have even sold it to someone. :(

I will never order tin burners again, as there will always be a chance of this happening when there is paint on the surface and it gets heated up so many times. The worst part was that she only had it for a couple weeks.

I had a customer email and say that the paint peeled off the inside of the top part where the tart melts. I replaced it for her and she sent me the ruined one...it looked terrible when I got it back...I was so embarrassed to have even sold it to someone. :(

I will never order tin burners again, as there will always be a chance of this happening when there is paint on the surface and it gets heated up so many times. The worst part was that she only had it for a couple weeks.

I'm glad to know that. At the time, I didn't even think about the possibility of that happening. Glad I saw this thread before ordering.

• 4 months later...

Trust me you do not want the ones from crazy mountain....i got two pretty ones at the flea market, guy had a bunch of them, but i wanted 2 for baskets.and since these was 2 special baskets i was willing to pay more plus save on shipping, got my butt burnt. i paid $15 for each, was so excited i didn't see the 7watts on bottom, they do not get hot enough. maybe be ok for a small room but not a large livingroom. i later went on line and emailed crazy mountain to ask what the watts of their electric tart warmers was, thought maybe they was wrong. but they later emailed me back and said the 7 watts was correct. i found me 2 of the combine tart/candle warmers later on ebay. new in box. I'm going keep watch on your post because i would like some pretty electric tart warmers without having to buy a bunch, plus i don't have a tax # i just like to be able to buy 1 or 2 to keep for those people that when i do a basket for them can buy a nicer tart melter off me rather than just the ones at walmart.

Biederman and Sons is carrying some now. A one piece electric with a decent size well that hold over an ounce of oil or a good size tart. Its a 15W and I get a good throw from it, I can put it in the middle of my house and smell it all over. Call 1-800-446-8150 and they will send you a catalog. Another place to check is Ganz. They only sell to businesses and a rep has to come to sell to you but they have them that use light bulbs and regular elctric ones also.

HTH

I have been selling the tin ones for years and years, the only time one has came back for that problem was my own mother, she put the liquid stuff from walmart in it. I would assume that it got hotter than it was supposed to for wax.

I bet your customer used liquid stuff.

after you have copied after every one else? Correct me if I am wrong.

400 scents is a lot of scents to carry also? I wished I had as much knowledge as you and could answer every ones questions in so little time making candles.

Allie