Hi everyone! I hope I am in the right place! I am a newbie here on craftserver, and I started my candle business in September of 2021. I plan to launch next year. Enough about me and more about why I am making this thread. 

Earlier this year when I started making candles I really wanted to do a soy candle. I got the C3 wax and began mass producing different scents- not knowing how it all works. After lots of wasted money and attempts- because not only was I mass producing candles with this wax, I was also using one wick, then found out that wick didn’t work, so what did I do? I ordered a new wick and mass produced again the following week- and so on and so fourth, going through about 6 different wicks, all while mass producing. I since then switched over to a para-soy wax- IGI 6006. I really love the wax but I seriously can’t figure it out with the wicks. Im almost to the point of doing an all paraffin wax because I know my candle will sell for the meaning behind it…

I lost two children. My daughter passed away in 2014 due to sepsis and my son passed away in 2016 due to pneumonia. I started my business in memory of my babies- every candle will be named after a person. If you would like to see more I’ll link my YouTube here. I am also on TikTok @corrinamallory and my candle page @knlheavenscentcandleco 

please give me advice on what wicks to try and or if I should maybe switch to a paraffin wax? I am soooooo desperate for help! PLEASEEEE! 

YouTube

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2021 at 11:15 PM, CorrinaMallory said:

Hi everyone! I hope I am in the right place! I am a newbie here on craftserver, and I started my candle business in September of 2021. I plan to launch next year. Enough about me and more about why I am making this thread. 

Earlier this year when I started making candles I really wanted to do a soy candle. I got the C3 wax and began mass producing different scents- not knowing how it all works. After lots of wasted money and attempts- because not only was I mass producing candles with this wax, I was also using one wick, then found out that wick didn’t work, so what did I do? I ordered a new wick and mass produced again the following week- and so on and so fourth, going through about 6 different wicks, all while mass producing. I since then switched over to a para-soy wax- IGI 6006. I really love the wax but I seriously can’t figure it out with the wicks. Im almost to the point of doing an all paraffin wax because I know my candle will sell for the meaning behind it…

I lost two children. My daughter passed away in 2014 due to sepsis and my son passed away in 2016 due to pneumonia. I started my business in memory of my babies- every candle will be named after a person. If you would like to see more I’ll link my YouTube here. I am also on TikTok @corrinamallory and my candle page @knlheavenscentcandleco 

please give me advice on what wicks to try and or if I should maybe switch to a paraffin wax? I am soooooo desperate for help! PLEASEEEE! 

YouTube

First let me say that I am so very sorry for the loss of your two children. My heart goes out to you and I pray God will continue to comfort you.

As far as the wick question, I am not a very experienced candle maker but I have made a few with 6006 and I use zinc wicks with this wax. It may not be the recommended wick but it always works well for me. 

Also, maybe post this in the candle making section. You will probably get more advice. 

I would also test one or two at a time and not mass produce to test. That's just my opinion. I'm not really sure how other candle makers test theirs. I would pick one jar, a fragrance, wax and a wick size and go from there but there might be a better way. Hopefully some experienced chandlers will chime in.