For those familiar with Fragrance Buddy, WSP, and Just Scent. Do they have a "base" smell?

I'm looking into these three main suppliers and was wondering if anyone found them to have a "base" smell to them? I tried another supplier and it seems like they cut their oils with some type of soapy solvent that gave my perfumes/body sprays all the same weird soapy base smell. (I'm guessing they do this to make the oils go further). I've narrowed my list down to Fragrance Buddy, WSP, and JS. Also PFO as well. If anyone could let me know about their experience with the smell of their oils from these suppliers I would appreciate it.

Also wanted to add I'm a hobbyist and just experimenting with FO's for fun. The other FO's I ordered still worked and smell decent, they just had a weird smell to them and just want to see if I could get a more uncut/pure oil free of solvents, thanks everyone.

@Lizzy I actually just ordered a bunch from FB as I really liked their pricing! Can't wait for them to come in.

@NightLight I don't use the perfumers alcohol/spray bases a lot of the sites sell because I heard they add a lot of extra stuff to them. I use 95% ethanol (190 proof) that has no fermentation smell and no methanol, it's denatured with bitrex, but according to Basenotes that's standard and bitrex has no smell.

• Like 1

It may not be the solvent, but ingredient for fragrance formula you don’t like. I find Candle Science uses same bottom notes in may fragrances, which I don’t like. Also supplier may buy from one fragrance house that the perfumer loves a certain note and puts it in everything. There are many aroma molecule that you might pick up on but other don’t but they are use for longevity in the fragrance.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 7:30 PM, GhostHauntings said:

@Lizzy I actually just ordered a bunch from FB as I really liked their pricing! Can't wait for them to come in.

@NightLight I don't use the perfumers alcohol/spray bases a lot of the sites sell because I heard they add a lot of extra stuff to them. I use 95% ethanol (190 proof) that has no fermentation smell and no methanol, it's denatured with bitrex, but according to Basenotes that's standard and bitrex has no smell.

I've used all 3 and haven't noticed any sort of smell either.

Did you get their 25% off with your order from FB? If not, be sure and sign up for their newsletters because they have great sales and free shipping if your order is $100 or more. They should have another sale in July and they're always 25% off all FO's. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GhostHauntings said:

@Belinda No I didn't get 25% off, but I checked out as guest so I'll definitely have to sign-up, thanks for the heads up! Any favorites you like from FB? I'm most excited to try out Circus Concession, I couldn't pass it up.

Sorry you missed their sale. Check out the next one in July. Free shipping with $100 order and they give free shipping before they take off the discount. Can't beat that! 

My favorites from FB include Lemon Pound Cake, Cinnamon Broom, Salted Caramel, Sea Witch, Pumpkin Sugared Donut, Pumpkin Cupcake, Pumpkin Pecan Waffle, Sugar Cookie Royale, Apple Mango Tango, Vanilla Bean Noel.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GhostHauntings said:

@Belinda No I didn't get 25% off, but I checked out as guest so I'll definitely have to sign-up, thanks for the heads up! Any favorites you like from FB? I'm most excited to try out Circus Concession, I couldn't pass it up.

I love circus concession! 

From them I love their apple cinnamon, Cinnamon Broom, Pumpkin Sugared donut, cinnamon sugared donut, Sugar Cookie Royale, Pumpkin vanilla marshmallow, Pumpkin pecan waffles, birthday cake, sugar cookie, gingerbread cookies, salted caramel, creamy nutmeg, mulberry (the best I've found),  pretty much all their pumpkin scents are good. I don't think you can go wrong with them.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, GhostHauntings said:

@GailC @Belinda I got Sea Witch too! It's very different from scents I usually like but it sounded like an aquatic I'd really like. I was eyeing all those pumpkin ones as well, good to know they are good with the pumpkin scents, I'll probably order a bunch around Fall and make a bunch of stuff with them!

Be sure to sign up for their newsletters because they have great sales. They're supposed to have one in July after they test a lot of new fragrances so that might be a great time to stock up on Fall scents. I'm already pouring Fall stuff LOL!

• 1 year later...