Best pouring for tiny molds no wax waste.

6 minutes ago, New Candle Maker said:

The mold I would like to use for my wax melts is a silicone tray with tiny hearts and hard to pour exactly into the hearts without wasting wax. Any ideas??

I have seen people use things like this

20210430_130736.jpg

• Like 1

When pouring small delicate items I discovered little metal creamers work well. 
641B4C79-BA17-466B-ABCA-854E66921C02.jpeg

I pour lip balm using these in various sizes. They heat gun well and will sit pretty in a hot water bath.

long nose pitchers also work, but keeping to temp is more challenging unless you can find them on metal (for heat gun) or perhaps you can set in hot water or the microwave.

03D1C70A-02A5-4DA6-ACE9-F25E941F4BAA.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, New Candle Maker said:

The mold I would like to use for my wax melts is a silicone tray with tiny hearts and hard to pour exactly into the hearts without wasting wax. Any ideas??

I probably have those same molds ! Little pink silicone molds ? And the same problem. I’ve tried a syringe type thing & that works but my wax starts to cool too fast & that makes it next to impossible, so I just stopped with those particular molds for a bit, but I’m thinking about getting a heat plate to set my pour pitcher on while I do them ? 

I feel like that should help ? So I would try a heat plate / syringe combo & see if that works.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 10:15 AM, WaxingPoetic said:

I probably have those same molds ! Little pink silicone molds ? And the same problem. I’ve tried a syringe type thing & that works but my wax starts to cool too fast & that makes it next to impossible, so I just stopped with those particular molds for a bit, but I’m thinking about getting a heat plate to set my pour pitcher on while I do them ? 

I feel like that should help ? So I would try a heat plate / syringe combo & see if that works.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:15 AM, WaxingPoetic said:

I just feel like if I can’t get it quickly, keeping it warm for longer periods is only going to burn off fragrance it seems? I’m not sure how to make this work??