HTP 93 in 8 oz tin

I'm at a loss what to try.

I am using 4630 wax, an 8 oz tin and Bobs flower shop fo

I have tried the zinl 51 and the htp 93.  I get a nice slow burn but MP is not getting to sides or even near after 1 hour only about 1/2 way.

I am afraid to go to HTP 104 because I think it will probably burn good and get fmp but the container (8 oz tin) will get to hot.

I need some opinions PLEASE.....

Thanks

5 minutes ago, karinz40 said:

I'm at a loss what to try.

I am using 4630 wax, an 8 oz tin and Bobs flower shop fo

I have tried the zinl 51 and the htp 93.  I get a nice slow burn but MP is not getting to sides or even near after 1 hour only about 1/2 way.

I am afraid to go to HTP 104 because I think it will probably burn good and get fmp but the container (8 oz tin) will get to hot.

I need some opinions PLEASE.....

Thanks

what happens when you let it burn to 3 hours?

33 minutes ago, karinz40 said:

still not a fmp but almost and scent is fairly good

If at 3 hrs you are within 1/4” of FMP in a tin that is good.  

If you do get to fmp in that time in a tin you will be questioning your wick on the next few burns for being much too hot. But the bottom you will be wishing you had used the smaller wicks. 

paraffin was like 4630 can turn to the liquid state quickly compared to soy which you may be comparing your results to 

Top looks good, bottom wait three hours. Top at two hours will burn all the way. You have to burn it through the tin it might be too big halfway down. Other one do a three hour burn, might need wicking up. That scent has a lot of vanilla. You need to test tin over time to make sure the fo doesn’t discolor tin etc. 

Bob's looks like it is exactly where it needs to be at this point.  You've really got to keep these tins cool, especially using HTP wicks else when you get near the bottom all the wax will liquify and your wick will fall over.  Just keep doing the test burns and if you end up with a clean tin that never gets too hot, you'll have a winner.  AH is one I always had to wick up.  Havana will wick like Bob's, but I'm not sure about Welcome Home.

• Like 1

I tried Havana several weeks ago with htp 93 and got no scent at all but the burn was ok.

I just lit another new one with HVANA USING AN Lx 22  AND SEE IF THAT WORKS.

Welcome home using HTP 93 give me no scent at all will try an HTP 104 tomorrow.  i have a coiple of those left.

AH I will try tomorrow with 104 as well.

This is so frustrating, I am so ready to just quit but I want so much to get it right.  I need to learn this just to satisfy myself.

5 minutes ago, karinz40 said:

I tried Havana several weeks ago with htp 93 and got no scent at all but the burn was ok.

Welcome home using HTP 93 give me no scent at all will try an HTP 104 tomorrow.  i have a coiple of those left.

This is so frustrating, I am so ready to just quit but I want so much to get it right.  I need to learn this just to satisfy myself.

There is no 'get it right' to an absolutely perfect standard, so just do the best you can and as long as you got a safe burning candle that doesn't waste a load of wax or soot to death then that is a success IMO.

With tins, I rarely ever get a FMP until nearer the bottom but I can pick up the tin at any time during the burn and not burn myself, I like them cooler and they burn for longer.

Forget the whole 'full melt pool' thing and just keep burning it until the bottom and then evaluate. Straight paraffin is a bit trickier than a good parasoy but 4630 has a low melt point so you shouldn't have problems getting a full melt pool later on.

26 minutes ago, karinz40 said:

Don't get discouraged.  You are on the right track, and your wicks are within the appropriate range, give or take a size or two. From here on out, it's just fine tuning.  Tins will really fool you.  In the early burns you'll feel like you are under-wicked.  Don't get hung up on how the candle looks at the top.  The bottom will tell the tale..