Supplier Woes

Anyone else having issues sourcing vessels? Literally all the usual sources I'd go to are completely sold out. An acquaintance contacted Fillmore the other day, and they had no idea when they were getting restocked because the glass manufacturers are so far behind. O. Berk says it'll be til end of december on straight-sided jars. 😳 Berlin Packaging is at least  6-8 weeks out. The more I look, the more every other random source is coming up empty handed.

Anyone else feel the same way? And, how're yall handling this? It's making me nervous for the holidays...

Join the club!
all supplies from vessels, to oils, to waxes, to fragrances are disrupted. 

expect shortages of palm and coconut. A week or so ago the news broke that palm shipments from a major supplier in Malaysia have been prohibited to enter the US. Nestle and several other mega corps are impacted by this, so they will likely be scooping up replacements from the open market.

Bottle shortages have been ongoing for months. Like TT said many things are either in short supply or can't be found period. Anytime a jar or bottle or lid I use comes back in supply I buy up as many as I can. But that is only if they come back into stock. This is all suppliers everywhere so you are not alone. Its been so frustrating especially when I sometimes have to use a different bottle or jar or lid only because that is all I can find and I have to get my product out. I just explain to customers about the shortage and they understand and have their own stories to tell.

Edited by Candybee

Yep, it's a mess.  I see tons of people freaking out in the FB groups, etc.  Thankful my container hoarding tendencies are serving me well right about now.  I did order a few cases of 16oz square masons this week, but I've got scads of tumblers, tins and other assorted jars on hand.  I can probably make candles for at least a year without running out.  Best of luck to those who are having sourcing issues.

• Like 1

OMG YES! I was able to grab a few cases of JJ's (my bestsellers) and a case of 13 oz Salsa Jars for a custom order a couple of weeks ago but haven't found much else. I have plenty of Apo's, WM Ball Masons, 12 oz Canning and Mason Jars and Tumblers though so maybe now is a good time to utilize those? lol

118947971_3968972899786332_5450564956290748692_n.jpg

• Haha 1