Looking for a green tea fragrance

Candybee

On 3/26/2020 at 5:53 PM, bfroberts said:

I like Elements Sparkling Green Tea.

I just got a bottle of this to test. It smells more like bubbly champagne than green tea but I still like the scent. How does it smell in CP? any problems soaping it? I'm gonna try it out in a couple of weeks and was wondering if its a light scent and I should use more and if I could do color swirls in it. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Candybee said:

I just got a bottle of this to test. It smells more like bubbly champagne than green tea but I still like the scent. How does it smell in CP? any problems soaping it? I'm gonna try it out in a couple of weeks and was wondering if its a light scent and I should use more and if I could do color swirls in it. Thanks.

At 1oz pp it's perfect. It's not an in your face scent but it's plenty strong and it sticks.  I don't pick up as much of the champagne in the finished soap as OOB, but it does have a crispness to it.  The name matches the scent.  I didn't experience any A&D (soaped at room temp w/only a slight water discount).  I like this one better than other green tea blends I've tried.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

At 1oz pp it's perfect. It's not an in your face scent but it's plenty strong and it sticks.  I don't pick up as much of the champagne in the finished soap as OOB, but it does have a crispness to it.  The name matches the scent.  I didn't experience any A&D (soaped at room temp w/only a slight water discount).  I like this one better than other green tea blends I've tried.

It sounds lovely. I have some red tea fragrance and honey l'occitane I wanted to blend to make a green tea & honey scent. Will let you know how it goes.

I saw C&S has a green tea and cucumber BBW type scent. I think I will give that one a try too. 

The green tea scent is for a line of neem soaps I am doing and want one in a green tea and honey scent. I am adding green tea extract to the soap so thought a green tea type scent would be a perfect match.

On 3/28/2020 at 10:47 AM, Candybee said:

It sounds lovely. I have some red tea fragrance and honey l'occitane I wanted to blend to make a green tea & honey scent. Will let you know how it goes.

I saw C&S has a green tea and cucumber BBW type scent. I think I will give that one a try too. 

The green tea scent is for a line of neem soaps I am doing and want one in a green tea and honey scent. I am adding green tea extract to the soap so thought a green tea type scent would be a perfect match.

Green tea and honey sounds very intriguing.  I'm interested to know how that turns out for you.
I soaped Sparkling Green Tea again today and it really is a pleasure to work with.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sarahmarah said:

Has anyone tried WSP's Green Tea? Its been on my list to try but the only thing that stops me from ordering is the price.

Price is why I try to steer clear of their FOs but will always cave for an exceptional one. If you give it a try would you please report back how you liked it? I am looking forward to soaping EBB's Sparkling Green Tea but it does not have the strong "tea" notes I am looking for.

17 hours ago, Barbara AL said:

Oh how I miss Peaks  Green Tea

Don't any of the Peaks FO suppliers carry it? I will have to check and see....

Found it at Keystone.. Green Tea (Peak) So its described as green clover and aloe scent, is there a distinctive green tea note in it? That is what I am looking for, a fragrance that has a strong tea note in it.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

Price is why I try to steer clear of their FOs but will always cave for an exceptional one. If you give it a try would you please report back how you liked it? I am looking forward to soaping EBB's Sparkling Green Tea but it does not have the strong "tea" notes I am looking for.

I absolutely will report back. I really like WSP's White Tea so i'm hoping this one follows suit. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is PROBABLY not what you are PRECISELY looking for BUTT, I mean BUT... Candle Science's white tea with a little Himalayan Bamboo is REALLY NICE... IJS... (Like white tea with overtones of the Himalayan bambok likely not even full % amounts. I just drop till my nose gets off. IYKWIM...)

YIKES! I've gotta get back to my social distancing...
UH, BUH-BYE!!!! 

😘 

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas, Consultant for Best Practices with Non-Social Interaction and Schism Genesis Within Social Organizations, and uh, Sundry Services... 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

This is PROBABLY not what you are PRECISELY looking for BUTT, I mean BUT... Candle Science's white tea with a little Himalayan Bamboo is REALLY NICE... IJS... (Like white tea with overtones of the Himalayan bambok likely not even full % amounts. I just drop till my nose gets off. IYKWIM...)

YIKES! I've gotta get back to my social distancing...
UH, BUH-BYE!!!! 

😘 

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas, Consultant for Best Practices with Non-Social Interaction and Schism Genesis Within Social Organizations, and uh, Sundry Services... 

Actually, it sounds really nice, like something I may like. I may get a sample next time I shop at CS. Thanks. BTW, does it give your nose a buzz? 🤣

On 4/11/2020 at 10:25 AM, Candybee said:

Actually, it sounds really nice, like something I may like. I may get a sample next time I shop at CS. Thanks. BTW, does it give your nose a buzz? 🤣

Give my NOSE a buzz? (slow blink) 

(Coughs)

I haven't snorted anything in a LONG time hun... (well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

I'm honestly not sure what you mean. Like alka seltzer "it tickles your nose" ?  IF so, no... 

Namaste Dammit! 

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got Green Tea and a sample of the Matcha from WSP delivered.

Green tea smells nice OOB it has a very slight unisex perfumey undertone but it’s not overbearing or unpleasant. Seems like a nice upscale crowd pleaser.

Let me tell you about my new best friend,

Matcha....Matcha is probably one of the truest to life complex fragrances that I’ve ever smelled! This stuff is pretty epic OOB. It’s just like REAL Matcha—not the candy Starbucks stuff. I think it could stand on its own or be blended. It’s earthy with a hint of sweetness. 
I’m psyched to try this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sarahmarah said:

I just got Green Tea and a sample of the Matcha from WSP delivered.

Green tea smells nice OOB it has a very slight unisex perfumey undertone but it’s not overbearing or unpleasant. Seems like a nice upscale crowd pleaser.

Let me tell you about my new best friend,

Matcha....Matcha is probably one of the truest to life complex fragrances that I’ve ever smelled! This stuff is pretty epic OOB. It’s just like REAL Matcha—not the candy Starbucks stuff. I think it could stand on its own or be blended. It’s earthy with a hint of sweetness. 
I’m psyched to try this!

I have been thinking of trying a matcha tea scent but didn't know where to get it. So I may try the one from WSP.

BTW-- the Sparkling Green Tea from Essentials has faded in my CP soap during the cure. It's barely there so I have to move on to something else. So still looking for a green tea that sticks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Candybee said:

I have been thinking of trying a matcha tea scent but didn't know where to get it. So I may try the one from WSP.

BTW-- the Sparkling Green Tea from Essentials has faded in my CP soap during the cure. It's barely there so I have to move on to something else. So still looking for a green tea that sticks.

I would like to try the matcha in CP with Matcha powder but I’m trying to troubleshoot the discoloration. Is there a way to get matcha to keep its green?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sarahmarah said:

I would like to try the matcha in CP with Matcha powder but I’m trying to troubleshoot the discoloration. Is there a way to get matcha to keep its green?

I use micas and oxides for color. But one of my favorite greens for soap is to add cucumber and avocado puree to my batter when I want to keep the color natural.

• Like 1