CBL 133

6 hours ago, lovelyscents said:

Please let us know what you think and I would just LOVE to see photos of the appearance and consistency if you would be so kind and get a chance to do so.

I most definitely can do that :) I'm curious as to how it's appearance and consistency is as well. If it's like the 4627 I already know it won't be for me. *shudder*

Just got it in and first impressions are:
super soft wax, can squish the block between two fingers.

very white, opaque in appearance

I will post a pic later...gotta finish up a few things :)

• Thanks 1

It's the best I can do for now until I get it into the pots. If I had to compare this to any waxes I have personally tried or tested I'd compare the consistency to 3020 or 3022 from Clarus. That's just how soft this is.Appearance I'd compare to 4630. Hope this helps and makes sense. LOL

133cbl3.jpg

133cbl1.jpg

133cbl2.jpg

9 hours ago, Lizzy said:

It's the best I can do for now until I get it into the pots. If I had to compare this to any waxes I have personally tried or tested I'd compare the consistency to 3020 or 3022 from Clarus. That's just how soft this is.Appearance I'd compare to 4630. Hope this helps and makes sense. LOL

133cbl3.jpg

133cbl1.jpg

133cbl2.jpg

This may be a silly question but what does microcrystaline and polymer blend mean?

7 minutes ago, Fireside said:

This may be a silly question but what does microcrystaline and polymer blend mean?

Microcrystalline wax is a refined mixture of solid, saturated aliphatic hydrocarbons, and produced by de-oiling certain fractions from the petroleum refining process. Microcrystalline waxes differ from refined paraffin wax in that the molecular structure is more branched and the hydrocarbon chains are longer (higher molecular weight). As a result the crystal structure of microcrystalline wax is much finer than paraffin wax, and this directly impacts many of the physical properties. Microcrystalline waxes are tougher, more flexible and generally higher in melting point than paraffin wax. The fine crystal structure also enables microcrystalline wax to bind solvents or oil, and thus prevent the sweating-out of compositions.                           

Vybar is a polymer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, CaptnKush said:

Yes they blend them together. I wish that was my knowledge ahahaha  I just copied the info from a candle sight.

Sorry didn't answer this correct, I was answering about the cbl 133 from what it says on the label. I don't know if all paraffin container wax blends contain micro and polymer. There are lots of blended waxes and the companies that make them have their own recipes.

On 6/21/2019 at 1:12 PM, lovelyscents said:

Oh wow that looks just like CBL 125! Thanks for sharing 😁🤭

Thats my impression too!

So now I'm curious about the performance difference. I mean, CW wouldn't have two versions of the same wax, that's just silly. So there's got to be something different about the 133, although it does sound like it's a little softer. The 125 is soft, but I wouldn't call it slimy. 😂

I messed with it yesterday and noticed a funky plastic-y smell as soon as it started melting in the pot.

The cooled finished end product doesn't have the smell. I'm gonna melt it today and see if the smell is there.

For reference: I made scent cups to test "scoopability" for someone who was wondering about it being it's a soft wax :)

Personally I will do no further testing of this wax. 

65186932_2108521212773989_4050327255899963392_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lovelyscents said:

I wonder if this is CW version of 4627??

ETA: especially since it comes in a sample then a full case 🤔

Probably.  It's sticky as heck, but not as soft as 4627.  It's more like some of the stickier gooey slabs of 4630 I've had in the past.  The candles I poured (only 3) are more opaque and not as glossy as 4627.  I assume that could be achieved with additives or is the result of the addition of microcrystalline wax???  IDK.  The throw is good, and it's burning clean, which I was not able to achieve with 4627, but that could be my wick choice.  RRD wicks are working the best for me, which is what CW recommends 1st.  I like it OK, but to test more I'd have to order a case, and I don't know that I like it all that much.  I'd have to fine tune pour temps or something because I got horrible air bubbles/wet spots/something I've never seen before.  Looks terrible in the jar.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 7:45 AM, Sarah S said:

I just picked up 2lbs of the 133 last week to play with, but I haven't had time to do anything with it yet.

I hope it does ok with HTPs! I also have some Premiers, but not a lot of sizes.

hi sarah....just wondering what you thought of the 133?