Wick It wicks- I got samples!!

I just have to say that I'm impressed with these guys, and I haven't even tested their wicks yet. :D

I went on their site per someone's recommendation about getting wick samples from them.

In their request form it asks you to state what type of jars you're currently using/trying to wick etc. and what you're trying to accomplish (ie. only use one wick in a large jar etc.) so I filled in all my info. asking only for wicks for two certain jars that I mainly use right now.

A couple of days later I got an email with confirmation that they had rec'd my request and would be sending samples ASAP.

Well, they did. It took about a month's time, but they sent this pkg. via UPS.

I opened up this smallish box, and couldn't believe my eyes. They sent every size wick in their Superior 600 series- 15 sizes in all, and not just one or two wicks, but 6 wicks of each size!! :eek::D

I think that is awesome, and just poured a candle using one of the big dudes/wicks they sent (I'm sooooo hoping they will work for single wicking my 20oz. apoth. **crossing fingers**).

Anyway, I just wanted to toot their horn a bit on the samples I know they are a newer company and are trying to drum up business but I thought that it was very nice of them to send sooo many wicks for FREE.

Oh, and also, it states that if you find one or two or three that you feel are working, they will send a few more of those sizes for further testing.

They DO have a 1000 piece minimum, but hey, if I can single wick this big dude, I'll buy that many in a heart beat. LOL

I received my sample box of 700 series wicks a couple of weeks ago. I was AMAZED at how many wicks I received. I haven't had a chance to test them yet but hope to soon. Keeping my fingers crossed some of them work in my containers.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe they sent that many samples. It was so nice of them. I have tested some of the 700's in my votives and increased the burn time 2 hours. I am really liking these. Poured some jars today to test tomorrow. I am so ready to DUMP the zincs.

• 3 months later...
I just have to say that I'm impressed with these guys, and I haven't even tested their wicks yet. :D

I went on their site per someone's recommendation about getting wick samples from them.

In their request form it asks you to state what type of jars you're currently using/trying to wick etc. and what you're trying to accomplish (ie. only use one wick in a large jar etc.) so I filled in all my info. asking only for wicks for two certain jars that I mainly use right now.

A couple of days later I got an email with confirmation that they had rec'd my request and would be sending samples ASAP.

Well, they did. It took about a month's time, but they sent this pkg. via UPS.

I opened up this smallish box, and couldn't believe my eyes. They sent every size wick in their Superior 600 series- 15 sizes in all, and not just one or two wicks, but 6 wicks of each size!! :eek::D

I think that is awesome, and just poured a candle using one of the big dudes/wicks they sent (I'm sooooo hoping they will work for single wicking my 20oz. apoth. **crossing fingers**).

Anyway, I just wanted to toot their horn a bit on the samples I know they are a newer company and are trying to drum up business but I thought that it was very nice of them to send sooo many wicks for FREE.

Oh, and also, it states that if you find one or two or three that you feel are working, they will send a few more of those sizes for further testing.

They DO have a 1000 piece minimum, but hey, if I can single wick this big dude, I'll buy that many in a heart beat. LOL

Hi Michi,

Were you able to find a 600 series wick to work in the 20 oz apoth jar? I've been testing the 700 series wicks and requested a sample of the 600 series wicks over a month ago and haven't received them yet.

I was also wondering if you knew what the basexneck field is for on their order form on the website. When I contacted Joe Blythe (after not recieving a response from the info e-mail address on the website after a month), his response was "The base is the round part on the bottom and the neck is the piece that extend upwards from the base. The measurements are in Millimeters." However when I measured out the 22 OZ apothecary jar that I wanted to order wicks for it is larger than the standard sizes on their web site.When I measure the base it is 9 cm which would convert to 90 Millimeters, the neck measures 7.5 cm which would convert to 75 Millimeters. The largest baseXneck they have for a wick on their site is 38mmX4mm. Am I calculating this correctly for a standard 22 ounce apothecary jar? I don't understand the importance of the baseXneck. Have you ordered wicks yet or are you still using your samples?

Thanks,

Ann

Ann, the basexneck is only about the wick tab, it has nothing to do with the size of your container.

Most wick tabs are 20mm, another popular one is 15mm, which I use for all my tealights because they are smaller and fit into the small indentation in the bottom of the tealight cup.

The "neck" refers to how tall the tabs neck will be. Some like to have it as high as 9mm so a person can't burn the candle to the very bottom of the jar, it will go out at 9mm. I use the 3mm because I have never had a problem with them and have used them from the start.

Finding a wick that will work in your jar will just require testing. HTH

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed them the end of April...got a reply May 4th but still haven't received mine. I hope they didn't forget about me. In my email from them, they suggested me to pay postage to due large response but would send even if I didn't. Anyone else get this email? I think the guys last name was Blythe. Ginger

I emailed them the end of April...got a reply May 4th but still haven't received mine. I hope they didn't forget about me. In my email from them, they suggested me to pay postage to due large response but would send even if I didn't. Anyone else get this email? I think the guys last name was Blythe. Ginger

Ginger..

I got that email on 5/4/06. I email and said that I had not problem helping with shipping. I understood completely.

He said that according to ups I should have received the wicks on 4/29/06..

I never got them..:cry2:

I emailed them, but never heard back...:cry2:

I just requested some also! I hope they dont take a month to get there tho

:( I didnt request any certain wicks tho..I just told them what Im trying to accomplish, which is single wicking a 4 1/2" pillar! Hopefully they will send me some good ones to try!

Glowlite, what type payment did you send. cc,check,paypal? I didn't send anything yet because I wrote to see what payment they accepted and didn't get any reply. If you want my money, ya gotta tell me how you want it. Ginger

Hey Gin...I'll take your money, just send it usps! HAHA...no large bills please!