Wick It wicks- I got samples!!

Wick-It is pretty local to me and the pricing is favorable. After some good results testing Premier, I considered the possibility of establishing a relationship and redesigning all my products to use their wicking.

Problem is, that means I'd need raw wicking to test for pillars and maybe some information on yields to make educated guesses on wick sizes, etc. It would have required some extra support from the manufacturer or alternatively the ability to buy smaller quantities of product for testing. Unfortunately I'm too small for the manufacturer to look after me and there are no distributors to buy testing materials from.

This isn't a bash against Wick-It, just an observation about the practical considerations I ran up against. I do think they should stop accepting sample requests by e-mail. A lot of people will take anything that's free and the energy they put into it probably detracts from focusing on people who are ready to be customers. It would be more helpful to just make modest quantities available for purchase through the website, plus they could still send samples at their discretion to people who phone to discuss their needs.

Glowlite, what type payment did you send. cc,check,paypal? I didn't send anything yet because I wrote to see what payment they accepted and didn't get any reply. If you want my money, ya gotta tell me how you want it. Ginger

I emailed him back asking for the email addy to send the paypal payment to.

It turned out to be the email addy that the mail came from but I just wanted to make sure before I sent payment. I recieved a shipping notice the next day and package arrived 2 days later.

I do think they should stop accepting sample requests by e-mail. A lot of people will take anything that's free and the energy they put into it probably detracts from focusing on people who are ready to be customers. It would be more helpful to just make modest quantities available for purchase through the website, plus they could still send samples at their discretion to people who phone to discuss their needs.

Yup, I agree.

The sample wicks came to me right when I was just about ready to throw in the towel....and I am dead serious! I purchased every wick available (literally!) trying to get the burn I wanted and still be able to load up on FO the way I wanted without the soot when the wax started reaching the bottom of the container. They were just magical for me in my application. I love Wick It Superior wicks! I have reordered twice since my initial order and they are ON IT! I usually have the wicks in Dallas 3...4 days MAX after placing my order. I am using the 615,620,625 and 630 wicks and FINALLY love my product!~

I do think they should stop accepting sample requests by e-mail. A lot of people will take anything that's free and the energy they put into it probably detracts from focusing on people who are ready to be customers. It would be more helpful to just make modest quantities available for purchase through the website, plus they could still send samples at their discretion to people who phone to discuss their needs.
Totally agree, too.

The sample wicks came to me right when I was just about ready to throw in the towel....and I am dead serious! I purchased every wick available (literally!) trying to get the burn I wanted and still be able to load up on FO the way I wanted without the soot when the wax started reaching the bottom of the container. They were just magical for me in my application. I love Wick It Superior wicks! I have reordered twice since my initial order and they are ON IT! I usually have the wicks in Dallas 3...4 days MAX after placing my order. I am using the 615,620,625 and 630 wicks and FINALLY love my product!~
With what type of wax, if you don't mind me asking.

Dixie

When I go to their site and try to read about the 600 series I am getting a runtime error. Is this happening to anyone else? I have emailed them to find out the problem, but I just wanted to see if anyone was having the same problem.

Shala

With what type of wax, if you don't mind me asking.

Dixie

It is a blend. Paraffin and Soy

I have found that these wicks work well is all the waxes I have tested them in. From what I understand, the Superior wicks are designed for the Paraffin and the Premier (? I think that is what they are called) wicks are designed for the Veggie waxes.

It is a blend. Paraffin and Soy

I have found that these wicks work well is all the waxes I have tested them in. From what I understand, the Superior wicks are designed for the Paraffin and the Premier (? I think that is what they are called) wicks are designed for the Veggie waxes.

I have been using the 700 series in greenleaf 70/30 do you think that is the best bet? I like them but am always looking for the BEST!

Dixie