Crappy wicks

I just got some wicks that came in all jumbled up, twisted and wax coatings on wicks cracked in so many spots on the wicks.   I can make these wicks work, of course I'm not happy with them, but wanted to know even though they are cracked, will it disturb the performance of the burning of the candle?   I believe I have burned them b/4 and there wasn't a problem but just thought I would ask.

Trappeur

On 8/31/2018 at 9:00 AM, Trappeur said:

I just got some wicks that came in all jumbled up, twisted and wax coatings on wicks cracked in so many spots on the wicks.   I can make these wicks work, of course I'm not happy with them, but wanted to know even though they are cracked, will it disturb the performance of the burning of the candle?   I believe I have burned them b/4 and there wasn't a problem but just thought I would ask.

Trappeur

This is the reason I don't order wicks from Lone Star *shudder*

I got cd 4's and cd 7's.  I really should have ordered double the amount that I did as I go through so many.

And my 20 oz tureens I get from them.

This last time I ordered Spruce Orchard which I needed.   I wanted to order more but couldn't at the time.  I have always had good luck with their oils and the customer service is stellar.

Trappeur

47 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

I got cd 4's and cd 7's.  I really should have ordered double the amount that I did as I go through so many.

And my 20 oz tureens I get from them.

This last time I ordered Spruce Orchard which I needed.   I wanted to order more but couldn't at the time.  I have always had good luck with their oils and the customer service is stellar.

Trappeur

Oh I love Lone Star!  They are only 1 1/2 hours from me near Dallas so occasionally I make the trip over there; it would be great if they were open on Saturday for a few hours.  I just don't like how they just throw the wicks into a bag so I refuse to order them.  I found CD 3, 4's and 5's at Bittercreek and CD 7's at Nothstar Country Candle; they are packaged very nicely aka the wicks are straight and lovely when they arrive :D 

Yes Lightmyfire I generally get them from Bittercreek or Bulk Apothecary.

You are so fortunate to be able to drive to a candle supplier.

The only one that is closest to me is Flaming which is about 2 hours away....not bad...but I don't trust my truck enough to drive that distance especially going through Atlanta and that town gives me the willys to drive on a 6 lane highway...omg...Years back I could handle it, but not now.   And overpasses?   Forget it and also bridges as I literally freeze up on them.   If I ever have to go to the Atlanta airport I can do it if I stay in the far right slowest lane.   I prefer to go to Chattanooga airport over the Atlanta one.

Trappeur