Jump to content
Jcandleattic

A Sailor's Dream

Recommended Posts

These were so popular last year I made some more.  Scented with 3 different scents that I honestly can't remember off the top of my head other than Sea Mineral. 

The blend smells more laundry detergent than water/spa type though. 

 

I like them. I'll post cut pics when I take them. The very middle 3 tails sunk in up to just the fin part though because it overheated so bad and melted. I think I almost like them better that way tbh. I'll also show that with the cut pics (and will get the right 3 FO blend - LOL) 

 

FDDBA200-708C-4958-AE6D-4A9058FE8DA1.jpeg.02e5178f41bf87aa711516ec3c38915e.jpeg

83209D51-98F5-4D21-AE7A-7462101B8891.jpeg.e46ae98a61ddb2915a5b0aaf6a84d036.jpeg

4EB91681-FF3A-41E5-98E9-45A013CE1684.jpeg.a3b7a046282e775d525b112be32962e9.jpeg

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should have mentioned the green and brown "twigs" are supposed to represent seaweed. Almost looks out of place, but I actually like it. 

 

The base color is blue with a slight white swirl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool looking.  I have some mermaid tail molds just haven't taken the time to play with them.  There they sit on a shelf.  Can't wait to see the cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shari said:

Very cool looking.  I have some mermaid tail molds just haven't taken the time to play with them.  There they sit on a shelf.  Can't wait to see the cut.

Problem with them is in almost every soap, the tails will snap off either before the first use or during the first use. 

 

The ones that sunk in due to overheating, actually look good, and look like they won't break off, so I may just start only doing the actual fin/tail portion (you'll know what I mean when I post the cut pics - which I will try to get tonight after work. I've been slammed busy for so long I barely know if I'm coming or going... LOL 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2018 at 4:46 PM, Jcandleattic said:

These were so popular last year I made some more.  Scented with 3 different scents that I honestly can't remember off the top of my head other than Sea Mineral. 

The blend smells more laundry detergent than water/spa type though. 

 

I like them. I'll post cut pics when I take them. The very middle 3 tails sunk in up to just the fin part though because it overheated so bad and melted. I think I almost like them better that way tbh. I'll also show that with the cut pics (and will get the right 3 FO blend - LOL) 

 

FDDBA200-708C-4958-AE6D-4A9058FE8DA1.jpeg.02e5178f41bf87aa711516ec3c38915e.jpeg

83209D51-98F5-4D21-AE7A-7462101B8891.jpeg.e46ae98a61ddb2915a5b0aaf6a84d036.jpeg

4EB91681-FF3A-41E5-98E9-45A013CE1684.jpeg.a3b7a046282e775d525b112be32962e9.jpeg

 

JC, Your soap is Stunning!

I admire your work ,I know these have to go fast , I want them all. The tails are brillant & colors are perfect .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

JC, Your soap is Stunning!

I admire your work ,I know these have to go fast , I want them all. The tails are brillant & colors are perfect .

You're sweet, thank you! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...