Does Vanilla Bean from WSP smell like vanilla to you?

GailC

10 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

So we are talking about WSP apple pie or hot apple pie?  Ha, here we go again.

GoldieMN

The one I love is Apple Pie ,have not tried their Hot Apple Pie ..lol I am going to order a sample of the other ,just to see which one I like best thou . 

Seems to never end ,due to these sales 😀

49 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Oh!  Thankyou for letting me know that Kat!   That is great!   I'm getting 3 pounds and the apple pie and something else I can't remember..

Thanks again!

Trappeur

Trapp , The one I like so we'll is Apple Pie ,however they do have a Hot Apple pie as well. 

Lol I am going to try this one on my next order .

Icannot stop smelling Apple Pie ,such a good performer in my wax .

Apple pie has been a difficult scent for me , finally have discovered the best one for my wax blend .I am super HAPPY with WSP AP 😉

7 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Thanks @katmeltswax I will be grabbing some VBN this go round for sure!!!  Then July 26-29th is the RE scent event.  Ugh!  These sales are constant lately!  Im almost tempted to wait until WSP's 35% off sale.  

WSP is having a 20% off sale this week. I believe it is the 24th- 25th. I do try & wait for the 35 % off for the more costly oils such as VBN .

Lol I have not purchased from RE & I know I am missing out on some great oils ,however I am trying my best not to add another supplier . The sale each year always temps me to grab the 20 samples . I know I will most likely find some I just cannot turn down kwim. .

I have a lb bottle of RE The Children's Room, a great friend sent this to me ,I adore this scent . I may go ahead & jump in on the sampler sale ,as I know I will definitely be ordering Children's room ,as soon as I run out . Lol see I have already talked myself into trying their oils. I see many I would love to try on their site .

Dream Weaver ,BD cake & so many more .

Your right too many sales lately ,darn it .

What are some of your favorites from RE ? 

Thanks Marleigha! 😀

Kat

• Like 1

6 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

WSP is having a 20% off sale this week. I believe it is the 24th- 25th. I do try & wait for the 35 % off for the more costly oils such as VBN .

Lol I have not purchased from RE & I know I am missing out on some great oils ,however I am trying my best not to add another supplier . The sale each year always temps me to grab the 20 samples . I know I will most likely find some I just cannot turn down kwim. .

I have a lb bottle of RE The Children's Room, a great friend sent this to me ,I adore this scent . I may go ahead & jump in on the sampler sale ,as I know I will definitely be ordering Children's room ,as soon as I run out . Lol see I have already talked myself into trying their oils. I see many I would love to try on their site .

Dream Weaver ,BD cake & so many more .

Your right too many sales lately ,darn it .

What are some of your favorites from RE ? 

Thanks Marleigha! 😀

Kat

Hi Kat!  Yes I think I will just wait for the 35% off sale for WSP.  I absolutely want to try VBN, but have to be smart w/my money.  With 20% off it would be $29.21 plus Ohio tax per bottle of VBN.  With the 35% off on VBN it would be $25.32 plus tax which is a whole lot more appealing to my pockets.  😂  I wish I could try it first but it is what it is...  I have so many oils to destash that I just went through and realized I have double of!  Ugh!  Did you ever get any of the Cinnamon Graham Latte from lightmyfire?  I told her I appreciated her super generous offer but I couldn't take any of her oil.  After all.... you wanted it first.  😉

As for Rustic Escentuals.... Kat I think you will absolutely love their FO's girlfriend!!! I bought a 16 oz of Children's Room for the first time about 9 ISH months ago and completely fell in love with it.  Got down to my last 4 oz and ordered another bottle and gave the remainder to a friend & she is  also in love with it.  I just couldn't believe such a softer scent would throw so well.  That is one I thoroughly enjoy in my wax.  But some of my other favs are:

Barbershop 1920's- A very nice smelling clean/masculine scent.  Smells like my grandfather used to smell when he was finished shaving.  ❤ this one!!!

Strawberry-  I am actually impressed with this one.  At first I thought it would just be a whatever strawberry but I really like it.  One of my favorite Strawberries I have found this far.  

Issey Miyake- Hard to explain but to my nose I think this is such a sexy scent! It's a perfume that is clean and earthy at the same time.   I HIGHLY recommend this one!  Here are the notes: Base notes of Verbena, Tangerine, Cypress, and Yuzu Zest set the stage for a sexy middle of Coriander, Clary Sage, Geranium Bourbon, Blue Water Lily, Nutmeg, Saffron, with a memorable dry down of Ceylon Cinnamon Bark, Amber Tobacco, Vetiver, Sandalwood, and Musk. ❤❤❤

Cuban Tobacco- Just Yum-dilly-icous!  😜

Blackberry Scone- Heavy Blackberry with a bakery backnote.

Amish Quilt- very nice scent for Fall but some people want it all year!  

Coconut Cream Pie- ❤ their CCP

Baked Apple HI- best around 

Vanilla Lace- strongest dupe I've found 

Toasted Marshmallow-  Best creamy vanilla I have found

Lemon Curd- strong lemon that smells like a lemon head to my nose.

Bora Bora- Amazing year round fruity smell 

Christmas Cheer- very nice Christmas scent

Bamboo Sugarcane- super clean!!!

I have more for sure!  Is there anything in particular that you are looking for?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Hi Kat!  Yes I think I will just wait for the 35% off sale for WSP.  I absolutely want to try VBN, but have to be smart w/my money.  With 20% off it would be $29.21 plus Ohio tax per bottle of VBN.  With the 35% off on VBN it would be $25.32 plus tax which is a whole lot more appealing to my pockets.  😂  I wish I could try it first but it is what it is...  I have so many oils to destash that I just went through and realized I have double of!  Ugh!  Did you ever get any of the Cinnamon Graham Latte from lightmyfire?  I told her I appreciated her super generous offer but I couldn't take any of her oil.  After all.... you wanted it first.  😉

As for Rustic Escentuals.... Kat I think you will absolutely love their FO's girlfriend!!! I bought a 16 oz of Children's Room for the first time about 9 ISH months ago and completely fell in love with it.  Got down to my last 4 oz and ordered another bottle and gave the remainder to a friend & she is  also in love with it.  I just couldn't believe such a softer scent would throw so well.  That is one I thoroughly enjoy in my wax.  But some of my other favs are:

Barbershop 1920's- A very nice smelling clean/masculine scent.  Smells like my grandfather used to smell when he was finished shaving.  ❤ this one!!!

Strawberry-  I am actually impressed with this one.  At first I thought it would just be a whatever strawberry but I really like it.  One of my favorite Strawberries I have found this far.  

Issey Miyake- Hard to explain but to my nose I think this is such a sexy scent! It's a perfume that is clean and earthy at the same time.   I HIGHLY recommend this one!  Here are the notes: Base notes of Verbena, Tangerine, Cypress, and Yuzu Zest set the stage for a sexy middle of Coriander, Clary Sage, Geranium Bourbon, Blue Water Lily, Nutmeg, Saffron, with a memorable dry down of Ceylon Cinnamon Bark, Amber Tobacco, Vetiver, Sandalwood, and Musk. ❤❤❤

Cuban Tobacco- Just Yum-dilly-icous!  😜

Blackberry Scone- Heavy Blackberry with a bakery backnote.

Amish Quilt- very nice scent for Fall but some people want it all year!  

Coconut Cream Pie- ❤ their CCP

Baked Apple HI- best around 

Vanilla Lace- strongest dupe I've found 

Toasted Marshmallow-  Best creamy vanilla I have found

Lemon Curd- strong lemon that smells like a lemon head to my nose.

Bora Bora- Amazing year round fruity smell 

Christmas Cheer- very nice Christmas scent

Bamboo Sugarcane- super clean!!!

I have more for sure!  Is there anything in particular that you are looking for?  

Thank you so much for the detailed response on RE . I am not looking for any particular scents ,however I do favor fruity types . I love all things Peach as well. I have read such great reviews on RE oils ,thinking I cannot hardly go wrong with this Co.

A dear friend gave me a pound of Children's Room & yes it is a wonderful scent. I love the original Loves baby soft ,smells spot on too.

I have not received the Graham Latte ,as of yet . I think we can still order this one on the phone thru WSP. Gosh I have been meaning to call to find out . I will definitely do this tomorrow & let you know.

I will message lightmyfire & tell her to hold off on her kind offer to me also ,she may not be able to ever replace it .I don't want to take it from her either ,since it may be discontinued for good kwim.

Hey maybe we both can still get the oil ,if not I think we can find a good replacement.

She was a doll for offering . I need to pm her asap about not sending it .

I do not blame you for waiting on VBN until the 35% off sale comes around ,as this one is so expensive .I wish I had a bottle left ,I would send you some to try . I am out for now & same as you decided to wait a bit longer. I am grabbing a few at 20 off ,mostly some new scents I have been wanting . I noted down some of your recommendations ,Candy Crush for sure ,sounds terrific 😀

I love the Apple Pie & will be ordering a pound this week. This one is not very expensive & I got great results with it. I have a small list going in my cart this eve.

I will definitely have to decide on RE soon . I am debating if I really want to add another supplier .lol... Guess I could drop one & add another right ,never ends .The Strawberry is certainly going in my cart ,if I jump in on the sale . I do not think I would regret adding them as a supplier .See I am talking myself into this real quick 😉 I will let you know on the WSP Graham C latte. I have my grandkids this week & been soooo busy entertaining the 3 of them . I am tired already lol

Thank you bunches !😇

Kat

13 hours ago, Marleigha said:

I am so glad you posted this!! The Issey has been on my wish list forever, but I've been nervous about what their idea of "boyfriend in a bottle" smells like, lol! I will definitely try it for the sample sale. Thank you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

I am so glad you posted this!! The Issey has been on my wish list forever, but I've been nervous about what their idea of "boyfriend in a bottle" smells like, lol! I will definitely try it for the sample sale. Thank you!

If you want to know what this FO should smell like, go to Ulta and smell the Issey Miyake men's cologne; if they truly dupe this it's a wonderful fragrance!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Thank you so much for the detailed response on RE . I am not looking for any particular scents ,however I do favor fruity types . I love all things Peach as well. I have read such great reviews on RE oils ,thinking I cannot hardly go wrong with this Co.

A dear friend gave me a pound of Children's Room & yes it is a wonderful scent. I love the original Loves baby soft ,smells spot on too.

I have not received the Graham Latte ,as of yet . I think we can still order this one on the phone thru WSP. Gosh I have been meaning to call to find out . I will definitely do this tomorrow & let you know.

I will message lightmyfire & tell her to hold off on her kind offer to me also ,she may not be able to ever replace it .I don't want to take it from her either ,since it may be discontinued for good kwim.

Hey maybe we both can still get the oil ,if not I think we can find a good replacement.

She was a doll for offering . I need to pm her asap about not sending it .

I do not blame you for waiting on VBN until the 35% off sale comes around ,as this one is so expensive .I wish I had a bottle left ,I would send you some to try . I am out for now & same as you decided to wait a bit longer. I am grabbing a few at 20 off ,mostly some new scents I have been wanting . I noted down some of your recommendations ,Candy Crush for sure ,sounds terrific 😀

I love the Apple Pie & will be ordering a pound this week. This one is not very expensive & I got great results with it. I have a small list going in my cart this eve.

I will definitely have to decide on RE soon . I am debating if I really want to add another supplier .lol... Guess I could drop one & add another right ,never ends .The Strawberry is certainly going in my cart ,if I jump in on the sale . I do not think I would regret adding them as a supplier .See I am talking myself into this real quick 😉 I will let you know on the WSP Graham C latte. I have my grandkids this week & been soooo busy entertaining the 3 of them . I am tired already lol

Thank you bunches !😇

Kat

Hi Kat!  Your so welcome.  There's a lot I haven't tried from RE, but they are one of my main suppliers and I ❤ their oils.  There have only been a handful that haven't performed well in my wax.  I've probably tried close to 150 of their fragrance oils.  Last time they had their sample sale I grabbed 60 1 oz bottles along with a few 1# bottles.  I know that's a lot of 1 oz. samples at once, but being that I make wax melts it's a nice small amount to test.  And when I do test them and they perform well I just keep a record in the notes section of my phone so next time I place an order I know what ones to get a # bottle of.  It works out great for me.  

In regards to the WSP sale I did call their sister store today (Handmade Studio) and spoke to the manager and asked her if she ever recalls a 35% off sale & she told me that they have never had a 35% off sale that she can recall.  I don't know who had initially mentioned that kind of upcoming sale but she said there's not going to be anything that good online.  She said the only thing that will get me close to 35% off is if your local.... They do an extra 10% off for shopping in store so when they have a 25% off sale, I can go in store and get an extra 10% off.  But being completely honest, I won't drive all the way there (40 minutes away) for just the one bottle kwim?  I just placed an order when they had their 25% off sale at the end of June.  Ugh!  But, I do need some VBN.  Maybe I will do an ISO and try it that way.  😬

Yes definitely.... @lightmyfire was a doll for offering that.  I have found many of the women/men here are all so kind!  I'm lucky to have found this site for sure!!!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sarah S said:

Oh your so welcome!  Try Issey and also try Interlude!  My goodness girl... so good! Soooooo... SO GOOD!  💕   And if you don't like them I'll take them off your hands.  😇

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lightmyfire said:

If you want to know what this FO should smell like, go to Ulta and smell the Issey Miyake men's cologne; if they truly dupe this it's a wonderful fragrance!

Sooo.... good!  To my nose it's a dead on dupe.  I could bathe in this FO.  This is one I put on my wrist and just sniff all day.  Lol 😂 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 1:12 AM, Daisymay66 said:

Does anyone know what time of year they have a 35% off sale? Or maybe I can’t ask that here, If not I’m sorry! I loved the Vanilla Bean Noel as well as the Jelly Donut! Thank you so much for sharing!

Hi @Daisymay66  I would also love to know what time of year this usually happens.  I wanted to get the VBN last 20% off sale but figured being that I had just done a large ICS order as well as FB and now RE I skipped the WSP 20% because I figured I can save even more to just wait for the 35-% off sale a few of the girls said they had.  @katmeltswax any idea of the time of year?  You ladies got me wanting the VBN as well as the Maple Pecan Strusel.  Thanks so much!  😇💕

On 7/24/2018 at 4:43 PM, Marleigha said:

In regards to the WSP sale I did call their sister store today (Handmade Studio) and spoke to the manager and asked her if she ever recalls a 35% off sale & she told me that they have never had a 35% off sale that she can recall.  I don't know who had initially mentioned that kind of upcoming sale but she said there's not going to be anything that good online.  She said the only thing that will get me close to 35% off is if your local.... They do an extra 10% off for shopping in store so when they have a 25% off sale, I can go in store and get an extra 10% off.

So is there really a 35% off sale??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Yes.  Last year it was around the beginning of December.  I checked my order history just to make sure, and it shows my order was placed on Dec 4, 2017.

I am glad someone else has seen this sale in the past . I remember getting the Jelly donut and VBN with the 35 off discount .

I recall the sale being at the first of the year last year .I have also received 35 off in December as well .I will go thru my invoices & get the dates .I am confused on WSP saying g they have never had this sale ..lol I know they have & more than once . Maybe they are not planning to offer this in the future .I hope so thou b/c it really helps getting 35 %off kwim 😉

• Like 1

Hi there ladies.  I'm so confused

now.  I spoke to Susie at Handmade

Studio which is their walk in area for vendors.  I've been going there randomly for about 1 1/2 years (ISH) and had not ever seen a sale that great online or in store.  Being curious I called to check and maybe help us all to know the date or around about date and she said no that they have not had a 35% off sale.  The best she recalled was 20% off.  Perhaps Susie just isn't aware of this sale.  But please if anyone can confirm 100% that this was a sale for everyone and not a tiered sale I'd love to know.  I do really want to grab a few, especially VBN!  Thanks so much again ladies!  😇

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 1:12 PM, Daisymay66 said:

I wonder if it’s always the same time of year?? 

I went thru my past invoices with 

WSP ,found the sale date. 

I knew I had received 35% off in the past .According to my records ,I got the discount late Nov in 2016 & 2017 .Both orders were shipped Dec 4th . 

I am thinking this was a post Black Friday sale . I really hope they do this again this year .I always purchased the higher priced oils during this sale ,such as VB Noel & more. I know WSP has many flash type sales ,so definitely sign up for their email sales notifications. I will definitely post when & if I get the 35 off notice . 

Kat☺️

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Hi there ladies.  I'm so confused

now.  I spoke to Susie at Handmade

Studio which is their walk in area for vendors.  I've been going there randomly for about 1 1/2 years (ISH) and had not ever seen a sale that great online or in store.  Being curious I called to check and maybe help us all to know the date or around about date and she said no that they have not had a 35% off sale.  The best she recalled was 20% off.  Perhaps Susie just isn't aware of this sale.  But please if anyone can confirm 100% that this was a sale for everyone and not a tiered sale I'd love to know.  I do really want to grab a few, especially VBN!  Thanks so much again ladies!  😇

I hope Susie is definitely just not aware of the 35 off sale . I did go thru my invoices last night .I received the discount in late Nov in 2016 &2017. I always waited each year to grab the VBN & more due to the high price kwim.

I paid $25.32 for the 1 lb bottle 

of VBN .

The orders were both shipped on Dec 4th. both years .

I hope WSP does not stop offering this post black Friday sale b/c  many of the oils are very expensive . I always thought the sale was at the beginning of each new year ,however my invoices state otherwise ,so let's keep a look out towards the end of November 😉

I am curious as to why Susie is not aware of this big sales event ,thinking maybe she was not working at WSP during this time .

Lol I am going to call & see if I can point this out to someone that can pull up my invoices & explain kwim.

I just hope they continue to have this Big sale in the future.I see

bfroberts member here purchased oils at the same time as well ,with the discount .

Now I am getting worried this sale may not be offered in the future ,this would be such a disappointment 😡

• Thanks 1

On 8/13/2018 at 11:29 AM, katmeltswax said:

I hope Susie is definitely just not aware of the 35 off sale . I did go thru my invoices last night .I received the discount in late Nov in 2016 &2017. I always waited each year to grab the VBN & more due to the high price kwim.

I paid $25.32 for the 1 lb bottle 

of VBN .

The orders were both shipped on Dec 4th. both years .

I hope WSP does not stop offering this post black Friday sale b/c  many of the oils are very expensive . I always thought the sale was at the beginning of each new year ,however my invoices state otherwise ,so let's keep a look out towards the end of November 😉

I am curious as to why Susie is not aware of this big sales event ,thinking maybe she was not working at WSP during this time .

Lol I am going to call & see if I can point this out to someone that can pull up my invoices & explain kwim.

I just hope they continue to have this Big sale in the future.I see

bfroberts member here purchased oils at the same time as well ,with the discount .

Now I am getting worried this sale may not be offered in the future ,this would be such a disappointment 😡

Me too Kat!  100% 😔  I honestly don't like spending $40 for a 1# bottle.  I've certainly done it just don't like to make a habit out of it.  Like you... I am hoping that Susie just isn't aware of the sales that WSP has offered in the past.  Handmade Studio is right next door to WSP warehouse.  They were always the walkin area for the locals to be able to actually come inside and smell their oils and whatnot.  They also held classes there for soap makers.  Now, they just did a merge to become one a few months back.... So it is very possible that she just isn't aware.  I would love to hear what you find out if you call WSP.  Please do keep us posted.  Thanks so much Kat!  😇