Apothecary Jar Wicking

Hello my chandlers! I hope you all are well!

I’ve been testing 16oz apothecary jars with the bubble lids from Aztec... for far TOO long! Haha!

I’m using 6% FO, 2 drops of dye and various pumpkin fragrances. I’m going the double-wick route; tried LX16 through 20s with the same sort-of drown out. Full melt- but really weak flames. It’s weird because I double-wick other containers the same size without issue.

Was wondering if anyone uses this jar, if so, what’s working for you?

Love you guys super, I thank you in advance! 🖤

Edited by jfear

Eco 14 single wicked was pretty okay with coconut 

I have a large ribbon in 444 and it’s struggling

Clarus parasoy did okay with one of those weird FW 3 wicks 

what wax?  I plan to try coconut again with double wicking eco 2 and see if that helps it go out more and not straight down first 

so double wicking LX 16 through 20 you were getting drown out? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Eco 14 single wicked was pretty okay with coconut 

I have a large ribbon in 444 and it’s struggling

Clarus parasoy did okay with one of those weird FW 3 wicks 

what wax?  I plan to try coconut again with double wicking eco 2 and see if that helps it go out more and not straight down first 

so double wicking LX 16 through 20 you were getting drown out? 

I’m using 4786, my fav. Yeah, it’s weird, full melt but super weak flames and one of the wicks almost always extinguishes by itself. This jar is weird, super thick glass and that neck maybe, it’s a kill to wick!

Long time no see you Jfear!  Hope your doing well and business is great for you with all those awesome candles you make!

I use to use those jars all the time in the 26oz and 16oz.  At the time I used to use 1 htp1212 or 1 cd 22 wick but lots of times that wick struggled. I worked on my wicks for a long time afterward and what worked really nice for me is 2 Cd5's.  I can't remember what wax you use.  I thought it was 464 as that is what I use.

Good to hear from you!

Trappeur