A Few New Pours

Hopie

Here are a few new candles I made last night, having so much fun playing around with wax and scents! :D

The first one is Black Cherry (Lone Star) in C3 soy...

The second one is Caribbean Escape (Lone Star) in C3 soy

The third one is Asian Sandalwood (The Flaming Candle) in mottling wax

They all smell yummy! Having to retest wicks in soy, as they sure don't act the same as when I made them a few years ago! 

I got lucky and found a set of three of these rustic holders in the thrift store, in three sizes, so I thought I'd put them to good use. The whole set only cost me $7.00 

IMG_20180413_140219.jpg

IMG_20180413_140258.jpg

IMG_20180413_140402.jpg

• Like 3

Beautiful all the candles!

I have the same set of holders myself but in the rust finish.  Matter of fact just poured the 3 of them last night.

What size wicks did you use in these container?

Trappeur

5 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Beautiful all the candles!

I have the same set of holders myself but in the rust finish.  Matter of fact just poured the 3 of them last night.

What size wicks did you use in these container?

Trappeur

I used the 60-44-18 zinc wicks in the soy. I think I did down wick on the mottled one...to the 51-32-18 zinc wicks. That one may still be over wicked, we shall see when I fire it up.

I thought these holders were a great find! I love to scan the thrift stores for the candle holders and glass jars that people never used or discarded for whatever reason. 

Thanks all, this is just too much fun! Got a load of oils recently and can't wait to play with more of this stuff! The soy candles are curing, so we'll get to see how they burn in a few weeks :)