Any new fragrances??

Daisymay66

Ya know, I have so many FOs that I have ordered over the many years that I will NOT order any more but use the ones that I have.  If there are some that I am not found of then I'll blend them with something else.............it's like using leftovers from the fridge to make dinner............use what you have and you may be surprised at the outcome.

Get into blending.......that way you can use up the FOs that you've already paid for and you may be surprised at the outcome..

Edited by Pam W

I wholeheartedly agree.  I had/have such an FO addiction (FOHO) I don't think I could use them all in the next 10 years.   I've made the decision to just use what I have and only order those I keep I my line with a few special additions until I get my stash down.  Also need to think about listing some of them for sale locally.  

On 4/8/2018 at 7:37 PM, Pam W said:

it's like using leftovers from the fridge to make dinner............use what you have and you may be surprised at the outcome.

Haha truth. 

I wore a so-so reject FO in my hair the other day. Sniffing the FO in the bottle I had thought, "Meh, not bad, but nothing special, will pass for now," when it showed up in the mail, has been sitting on the shelf for some months. Figured eh, why not, and took a q-tip and just added a few streaks of it to my hair. 3 compliments+inquiries by the end of the day on my "shampoo" lol. It was just the egyptian musk from naturesgarden, too, haha.

3 hours ago, NaughtyNancy said:

I wore a so-so reject FO in my hair the other day. Sniffing the FO in the bottle I had thought, "Meh, not bad, but nothing special, will pass for now," when it showed up in the mail, has been sitting on the shelf for some months. Figured eh, why not, and took a q-tip and just added a few streaks of it to my hair. 3 compliments+inquiries by the end of the day on my "shampoo" lol. It was just the egyptian musk from naturesgarden, too, haha.

I saw a fragrance bottle take the finish off my dining room table..I would be afraid to put it in my hair...*shudder*

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, NaughtyNancy said:

Haha truth. 

That one surprised me too! Even though it's not one of my faves, I get a lot of compliments when I wear it.

What's with all the cannabis fragrances popping up now? I mean, I know cannabis is hot right now, and hemp has been trendy for a while, but I though the whole point of candles, incense and sprays was to get rid of the pot smell in your house?!? 😲

Am I doing it wrong? Lol!

I can't imagine wanting one's home to smell like weed on purpose, but to each their own I guess! I bought a small bottle of WSP's cannabis, and now I have no idea what to do with it. 😆

I am curious to try a couple of the blends that feature cannabis though, that could be interesting if it's tastefully blended. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sarah S said:

What's with all the cannabis fragrances popping up now? I mean, I know cannabis is hot right now, and hemp has been trendy for a while, but I though the whole point of candles, incense and sprays was to get rid of the pot smell in your house?!? 😲

I can't imagine wanting one's home to smell like weed on purpose, but to each their own I guess! I bought a small bottle of WSP's cannabis, and now I have no idea what to do with it. 😆

I am curious to try a couple of the blends that feature cannabis though, that could be interesting if it's tastefully blended. 

It might just blend well with florals giving them a more earthy scent or you could always blend with Patch or Merlin's Forest and have names like Stoned Mermaid or Stoned Gnome?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Sarah S said:

The couple of cannabis themed FO's I've tried smelled nothing like actual weed, at least not good weed, like that dank yet herbaceous sweet-diesel smell. Hard to describe it very well, but it's very distinct unto itself. One FO I tried smelled more like old, icky burnt residue and bong water, reminded me of birch tar a bit, but mixed with something a bit foul. The other one smelled simply herbaceous (and pleasant) but nothing like real weed. It's a funny thing, I guess. People who know what really good and fresh bud smells like, might actually be drawn to a product that smells similar. I may or may not have a few very lucky and magical experiences in my personal history, to know the difference. On the other hand, people who are more familiar with poor quality bud and bong water smell, would probably be hoping a FO smells nothing like the real deal lol, because yeah it's a bit nasty.

Just the 2 cents opinion of a finicky delinquent lol. 

8 hours ago, Sarah S said:

You cracked me up!!!!  I poured a MJ candle years ago and it smelled so bad....like cheap dirt weed.....Yes, it had a good strong throw but it was not pleasant.  I have not tried the cannabis oil that's on the market now in candles; I only use pure cbd oil in lotions to help with muscle aches but there is no smell to it.

8 hours ago, Sarah S said:

What's with all the cannabis fragrances popping up now?

I think because recreational marijuana is becoming legal in so many states now people want to get in on it as it's happening. 

I got some marijuana scent many years ago when Peak was still around - oob it smelled just like when my brother would smoke in our basement. However, while burning it smelled like the resin residue you'd get on the pipe with a tinge of dirty bong water somewhere in the background. It. Was. GROSS... 

I only had a 4oz bottle of it, and probably have 3 oz of it left somewhere if I didn't throw it out. Bleh

• Thumbs Up 1