Suppliers

Many apologies if this has been covered already,

My favorite supplier, especially for scents was Peak. Now that Peak is no longer I would welcome suggestions for a new supplier or two. 

Please  name the supplier and what you like best from/about them.

Thanks for your help

Oh wow, there are so many to love!

Some of my favorites are:

Natures Gardens-huge selection of FO's and most that I've tried have been great

Fragrance Buddy-They also have a big selection. I love their Mulberry, Sugar Cookie, Circus Concession, Birthday Cake, Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies,  Harvest Gathering, Cinnamon Broom, Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut, Pumpkin Vanilla Marshmallow, and many more that I can't think of right off the top of my head.

Candle Science-Love their banana nut bread, Cranberry Marmalade, Candied Apples, Carmelized Pralines, Pomegranate Cider, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Soufflé and pretty much anything from them.

Just Scent-Love her Chestnuts and Brown Sugar, Blonde Moment (same as FB's), Birthday Cake (same as FB's), most coffee scents are great, Blackberry Pie, Blueberry Cobbler, Brown Sugar Cookie, Buttery Gingerbread, Cardamom Rum Spice Cake and many more.

Aztec has some good oils. You can buy 5 one ounce bottles for $1 each and that will be a good way to try their oils. 

Lone Star-Apple Cinnamon and several more

Rustic Escentuals- Pumpkin Pie Spice, Southern Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Bread, Birthday Cake, and many more. You can't go wrong with RE.

Bulk Apothecary-Snickers Coffee, Coffee Cake and Spice

Indiana Candle Supplies-Bear Claws, Be Thankful, Frosted Sugar Cookie (same as JS buttercream sugar cookie)

Flaming-North Pole, Alpine Suede are two that I love from there. Sweet Strawberry is good too

Backwoods-Honey Gingerbread is good and I like the one from JS too.

My mind is blank but I hope this helps you!

• Thanks 1

Keystone Candle Supple bought Peak inventory including codes for their fragrance oil.  They have a website that should be updated with Peak oils, and they will be labeled as Peaks,  ready for ordering very soon from post on Face Book.  Some have called in to order and they have been placed.

• Like 3

Belinda named nearly every supplier I use or have used and a couple I haven't tried yet. (Lonestar and Backwoods).

I also like Mill Creek, in my home state of Indiana, she has some really nice scents.  I have ordered from Cierra Candles a couple of times; I like some of their FO's as well.  I just made some Home Sweet Home candles and they smell so good.  I'm going to need more, and I'd like to get it from somewhere I order more from, but I'm afraid another supplier's might not be the same.  

One more is The Candlemaker's Store, but they don't have scent descriptions.  I drive there (Ohio) sometimes to pick up wax and/or jars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GailC said:

Belinda named nearly every supplier I use or have used and a couple I haven't tried yet. (Lonestar and Backwoods).

I also like Mill Creek, in my home state of Indiana, she has some really nice scents.  I have ordered from Cierra Candles a couple of times; I like some of their FO's as well.  I just made some Home Sweet Home candles and they smell so good.  I'm going to need more, and I'd like to get it from somewhere I order more from, but I'm afraid another supplier's might not be the same.  

One more is The Candlemaker's Store, but they don't have scent descriptions.  I drive there (Ohio) sometimes to pick up wax and/or jars.

Gail, NG has Home Sweet Home and the description sounds a lot like the one from Cierra. I love Cierra's Harvest Pumpkin! Have you tried that one? I also love her Citrus Indulgence which reminds me of a lemon cookie. 

3 hours ago, Belinda said:

Gail, NG has Home Sweet Home and the description sounds a lot like the one from Cierra. I love Cierra's Harvest Pumpkin! Have you tried that one? I also love her Citrus Indulgence which reminds me of a lemon cookie. 

I did see that.  Spicy with floral undertones is what Cierra says....NG specifies rose and ylang ylang. Both YC dups.

It's funny though, Yankee's description says cinnamon and spices with a hint of freshly poured tea.  Which is the same scent description FB gives.  Now how are floral undertones and freshly poured tea the same scent?

I know that Cierra's is spicy but very unique....I can smell the floral.  Very nice.  I don't remember what YC's Home Sweet Home smells like.

I've only ordered from Cierra a couple of times, and nothing lately.  I just remember calling and asking someone if one of their FO's was a YC dupe, Midnight Jasmine I think.  She didn't know but actually later went to a store to see if she could find the Yankee version to smell. Now that's customer service!

I haven't tried the 2 you mentioned. Besides Home Sweet Home,  I have bought and like PPW, Vanilla Bean, Blueberry Cobbler, Butterscotch Brulee and Apple Butter Caramel.  I love their Sea Island Cotton.  One of my favorite cotton scents.

Didn't like Autumn Lodge and neither did anyone else!  

I will check out Harvest Pumpkin.  I love FB's Lemon Pound Cake and it is a good seller so will pass on the Citrus Indulgence though.

@GailC, the ones you mentioned sound yummy! I'll have to check those out the next time I order from her. I love Harvest Pumpkin. It reminds me of the one from ICS from Leburmurth's Pumpkin Harvest. They might even be the same they're so similar! I'll have to pour them side by side and see. 

I"m glad you said that about Autumn Lodge. I won't waste my time on that one!

1 minute ago, Belinda said:

@GailC, the ones you mentioned sound yummy! I'll have to check those out the next time I order from her. I love Harvest Pumpkin. It reminds me of the one from ICS from Leburmurth's Pumpkin Harvest. They might even be the same they're so similar! I'll have to pour them side by side and see. 

I"m glad you said that about Autumn Lodge. I won't waste my time on that one!

I just don't like the Smoky scents...and can't sell them either.  Didn't have much luck with Twilight Woods either.  Just not my kind of scent.

I am checking out fragrances there.  Don't know if I want to risk trying Home Sweet Home from anyone else since I know Cierra's is so good.  But some are so expensive.  I know she offers free shipping over $100.  And sometimes she has so much percent off sales....not a big percent but still helps.

I see she has Pineapple Cilantro.  Have you tried that from anyone?  I had a 4 oz bottle I bought from someone way back when and made some candles because my DIL had smelled a Pinapple Cilantro candle she loved.  I don't even know the supplier of that little bottle I had.  

8 hours ago, amhub said:

Thank you so much for the quick reply and the recommendations Belinda. This is a wonderful start. 

Also, there's Wholesale Supplies Plus. They have some wonderful FO's. Some are a little pricy but some are very reasonable and you get free shipping with a $40 order. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Belinda said:

@GailC, I haven't tried pineapple cilantro but Flaming, WSP, Fillmore and Brambleberry all carry it. Not sure which one would be the best though. It sounds like a good scent though. I may have to try it!

If it means anything......I order about 2 pounds of Pineapple Cilantro from Flaming every single week for a store I sell to.  Been ordering this scent for the past 2 years as it is a number #1 seller.   I have never tried any other suppliers but Flaming. So why mess up a good thing?

Trappeur

• Like 2

I have never ordered from or tried Lonestar Candle oils before. Can someone give me some feedback please? Are they concentrated? And if so, compared to what other companies? I currently order from JS NS, NG and CC and I am pretty dead set on their oils due to concentration. Lonestar is having a heck of a sample sale right now on their new oils and I\m needing to know if their oils rock like the ones mentioned above. Thanks!

@Trappeur Thanks for the recommendation about Pineapple Cilantro. I may check it out next time I order from them.  But I need Home Sweet Home from Cierra you see and have to order more than one FO to justify shipping, or order $100 and get free shipping.  Why oh why didn't I stick with just a handful of suppliers?  (But where is the fun in that? :) )

You must work full time and then some making candles!

8 minutes ago, GailC said:

@Trappeur Thanks for the recommendation about Pineapple Cilantro. I may check it out next time I order from them.  But I need Home Sweet Home from Cierra you see and have to order more than one FO to justify shipping, or order $100 and get free shipping.  Why oh why didn't I stick with just a handful of suppliers?  (But where is the fun in that? :) )

You must work full time and then some making candles!

Oh my gosh Goldie you got that right.  Lately up at 3:30, make my coffee, turn on the computer, turn on the t.v., run and feed all the eyeballs staring at me through the window (putty tats), melt wax and my day is starting....runs all day and 1/2 the night...

Trappeur

12 hours ago, Scents and Warmers said:

I have never ordered from or tried Lonestar Candle oils before. Can someone give me some feedback please? Are they concentrated? And if so, compared to what other companies? I currently order from JS NS, NG and CC and I am pretty dead set on their oils due to concentration. Lonestar is having a heck of a sample sale right now on their new oils and I\m needing to know if their oils rock like the ones mentioned above. Thanks!

I didn't think for awhile I had good luck with LS oils but here lately I've enjoyed several of theirs. I love their apple cinnamon, Dicken's Christmas, Cranberry Kettle Corn, Leather, (when I don't get it from Texas Candle Supply), their men's selection, and a few more that I can't remember. Vanilla Lace and Vanilla Cotton are two more that are nice. I think they're like any other supplier, they have bad ones and good ones. I've had duds from JS and NG myself and then some really good oils so I'm sure you'll find some good ones from LS too.