Looking for suppliers with reasonable shipping

I've been looking for new fragrance oils and I have been amazed at the cost of shipping with companies who ship exclusively with UPS! I was going to place an order at Rustic Escentuals, but an order that was just over 1lb was going to cost $17 to ship. Then I tried to buy glitter through another store but the cost for shipping 1oz of glitter was over $20! I feel extremely limited by who ships USPS because there's no way I can pay upwards of $20 for a $3 item! Which suppliers do you use that has reasonable shipping prices? 

Hi there :) Yup thats the part think stinks is shipping. I think shipping UPS or Fedex is just easier for most suppliers and with others the carrier will be determined by 

flashpoint of FO. Anything under I believe 200 must ship ground with UPS or Fedex. Also, distance from where your at makes a difference in cost as well. ICS ships 

USPS for the most part as long as FP is over 200 but I don't believe they carry glitter. If you just want glitter try Mad Micas + they'll ship those USPS and maybe 

nuture soap supplies as well ???  Another FO supplier is Just Scent for USPS delivery and Flaming Candle + Lone Star just started using USPS for orders that don't 

have low FP's. Check Brambelberry too not sure though ??? What supplies are you looking for and what coast ??

Nature's Garden has the cheapest shipping I've found.  I live in Central Indiana and NG is in northern Ohio so that may help but they are still cheaper than other close suppliers.  I believe their UPS shipping notes that it reflects a 30% discount.  

For example, on one order, I bought 5 sixteen ounce bottles of FO and 2 packs of wicks and the shipping was $10.07.

But I never place small orders, because then the shipping would be about the same as the item/items.

The more ordered, the better the shipping, no way around that and weird that it is that way, but it isn't necessarily the supplier gouging you ... it's the delivery service. I think most suppliers try to use a company that gives them better options. Like delivery here ... UPS is cheaper than FedEx. Both will make packages disappear though and both will throw packages in the doorway of somewhere else and call it good, but it still won't change the cost to use their service. 

I haven't seen a lot of companies use DHL, which was competitive in its early years I thought. And the sad thing is, USPS can't handle some of the FP of fragrance oils. 

Natures garden candles has decent shipping.

nurture soap has micas and fragrances and decent shipping. 

1lb and over makes a big difference in shipping prices. Ups starts at $10, th only way I can save is to pile in the products to spread the freight over a lot more, and choose retailers that are close to me and/or have high volume to qualify for better UPS rates. 

@cornerfolds ... I just did a search for "fine glitter" on ebay ... there is some there!  They are sold for DIY nail polish. 

There are some suppliers that will send USPS small packages, such as The Candle Source, Candle Cocoon, and I see that Mill Creek offers it, which I may try.  I know there are some others, plus some that have been mentioned, but the shopping carts will usually automatically add in for UPS/FedEx.  I always look at the shipping policy pages to see if they include USPS.  If they do, then I try to put together a small order and send them an e-mail or call to see if it can ship as a small package.  If it can, they can e-mail a Paypal request or you can order over the phone with credit card.  My UPS deliveries are always filthy for some reason (I think they need to wash their trucks once in awhile!), so I prefer USPS if I can, but can't always do it.