Ive never had chai so Im not familiar with how it should smell/taste . I have Flaming's Chai and I like it but not sure if it smells like chai. I do get a warm, cinnamon smell .  Any ones 

thats used Flaming's chai would you say it smells authentic? Whats everyones favorite Chai FO ? 

5 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Ive never had chai so Im not familiar with how it should smell/taste . I have Flaming's Chai and I like it but not sure if it smells like chai. I do get a warm, cinnamon smell .  Any ones 

thats used Flaming's chai would you say it smells authentic? Whats everyones favorite Chai FO ? 

IMO Chai smells a lot like nutmeg. And more like pumpkin pie than a LOT of the pumpkin pie scents that are out there, but I have never smelled it in an FO so am not sure how authentic any of them are. 

• Thanks 1

Chai is actually just tea. The tea in Asia is brewed with or without milk and with or without spices. To me the generic chai is like the generic Amber,p. There are many variations and interpretations.

when making a fragrance blend of chai, I went for the tea recipe I liked to drink. Black tea as a base, milk or coconut milk, and a blend of aromatic Indian spices like cardamom, ginger, black pepper, cinnamon, and sugar. 

Most chai fragrances i smell are not great, honestly. Take the notes and blend your own for something really special and nuanced. 

• Thanks 1

Ya know I thought Chai is supposed to be more creamy vanilla sort of milky with a hint of tea.   Well the Chai's that I have bought in the grocery store are like that.   This Chai the cinnamon is the strong note in this oil.  Actually I renamed it Cinnamon Chair because of this.  Although I'm thinking (but not really sure) it should be more creamy I love it...It is an excellent thrower in 464.  This is one of the very few that I have that throws very quickly and fills up the room fast, well it did my whole cabin. I like so much better than even a cinnamon which I have yet to find after all these years.  There aren't too many oils that I recommend strongly but this one I do hands down... and the reviews were great on it at Flaming.  Thanks for bringing this subject up Moonstar as I need to get another 2 pounds of it. 

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

TT would Flaming's black tea be a good choice ?  I forgot to add Milk + Sugar you said you liked from American Soy to my cart :( I'll get a 2 oz sample next time.

Is there one FO that has notes of cinnamon, cardamom + ginger that I could add to the black tea ? I recall seeing a spice market FO somewhere but I can't remember

where OR if it would even work . So you do like the cream + sugar FO from AS ?

2 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Ya know I thought Chai is supposed to be more creamy vanilla. Well the Chai's that I have bought in the grocery store are like that.   This Chai the cinnamon is the strong note in this oil.  Actually I renamed it Cinnamon Chair because of this.  Although I'm thinking (but not really sure) it should be more creamy I love it...It is an excellent thrower in 464.  This is one of the very few that I have that throws very quickly and fills up the room fast, well it did my whole cabin. I like so much better than even a cinnamon which I have yet to find after all these years.  There aren't too many oils that I recommend strongly but this one I do hands down... and the reviews were great on it at Flaming.  Thanks for bringing this subject up Moonstar as I need to get another 2 pounds of it. 

Trappeur

Im so mad I forgot to add milk + sugar FO that TT likes from American Soy. Oh well, Ill get it next time. I bought some pillar wax to try for wax melts and a few FO's

Heres what I got :  Bourbon Pumpkin Cake - Eucalyptus Lavender - Lemon Cheesecake - Oatmeal Cookie - Firewood - Orange 

I thought Id mix a bit of the orange to the eucalyptus lavender for a spa scent. Hope I like them lol ! 

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Was this from Flaming Moonstar?

Trappeur

If your referring to this order

no. It's from American Soy 

i never ordered before I thought 

I'd give them a try. I placed my order in the morning and it was shipped later in the afternoon:) 

31 minutes ago, ldunleav said:

I use Flaming's Black Tea and its nice. Good CT an HT. I mix it with Apricot from NG and love it. I am thinking of trying milk + sugar FO for a variation it might be nice?!

Thank you :)  I have Flaming's Black tea and blend it with their Bergamot. I was going for an Earl Grey ... its not bad. When I looked up Chai it mentioned spices of 

nutmeg. cinnamon, cardamom + clove. So thats what Im looking for I guess :) Ive also seen some that blend some milk + sugar like you mention. I ordered some FO

and a sample bag of wax from American Soy and they have a milk + sugar FO but of course I forgot to add that to my cart before I checked out :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

37 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Thank you :)  I have Flaming's Black tea and blend it with their Bergamot. I was going for an Earl Grey ... its not bad. When I looked up Chai it mentioned spices of 

nutmeg. cinnamon, cardamom + clove. So thats what Im looking for I guess :) Ive also seen some that blend some milk + sugar like you mention. I ordered some FO

and a sample bag of wax from American Soy and they have a milk + sugar FO but of course I forgot to add that to my cart before I checked out :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I know what you mean, I become a kid in a candy store and forget what I came there for!! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Black teas all seem super powerful and can overtake other scents added. Go heavy on the bergamot for earl grey or it will get lost. 

Wish I  read this before i tried the first time around :laugh2:Your right, very overpowering. Very deceiving OOB. Once I figured out a better ration, it was really nice