Top Cheesecake, Butter Rum (lifesaver), marshmallow

burnsv1

Hi everyone!  I have customer requests for cheesecake, marshmallow and butter rum scents.  I tried CS butter rum--Yuk!  I think the person wants something like the lifesaver more sweet less rum.  I tried cheesecake from ICS and I can't remember the other and they were nothing like actual cheesecake.  And marshmallow but not with a burnt smell.  I liked BCN best so far but it wasn't very strong in my parasoy melts so I doubt it will be better in 464 candles.  FC was a no way--too much toasted for what I need.  More sweet and less or no toasted.  If anyone can offer advice it would be appreciated.  :)

I have been using for a good many years BC Pumpkin cheesecake.  It's out of this world.  Another BC scent I've used is Buttter Rum Allspice.  These 2 scents are very rich and fattening! lol  Actually I'm thinking these 2 mixed together might be something really different and nice.   Now for a marshmallow, well....all I can say is good luck.  I've been testing marshmallows from just about every company out there  and nothing blows my socks off.  The one I have going right now is WSP Marshmallow.  It's nice but nothing special.  Actually I don't think anyone makes a good marshmallow well, at least all the ones I've tried are just meh   Well to begin with marshmallow is going to be a light scent so I guess that is why I'm looking for something that probably doesn't even exist.  I was just thinking a little while ago while smelling the one I have going, how could I make it richer and gooey.....you know what I mean?  I was thinking well, maybe add some vanilla to it or some sugar cookie or maybe a sugar....but after you do all that all you wind up is with a vanilla?   So I think I'm going to end this journey real soon.  Keep us posted what you do find in case I want to try what you like.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

Trappeur,  I love BC so I can't wait to try the two you mentioned, especially pumpkin cheesecake.  You're right though about marshmallow.  Just meh.  lol  BC's toasted marshmallow is nice and sweet but not very strong.  Thanks again for the feedback and it's greatly appreciated.  

Finding a great cheesecake, marshmallow and butter rum is like finding a unicorn laying down next to a pot of gold with the power ball numbers  flashing over it's head.  I feel your pain. :) . As for cheesecake, Just Scent had one that wasn't bad, I want to say it was New York Style cheesecake.  My favorite marshmallow comes from Daystar, its called Marshmallow the Original (from Soap Silly); I could drink the bottle on this one.  No toasted notes just sticky sweet goodness.  Aztec has a toasted marshmallow, which I like, but I get no toasted notes at all.  As for butter rum, you got me on that one.  If you find one that smells like the lifesaver, please let me know.  I wish you good luck on your search.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

Finding a great cheesecake, marshmallow and butter rum is like finding a unicorn laying down next to a pot of gold with the power ball numbers  flashing over it's head.  I feel your pain. :) . As for cheesecake, Just Scent had one that wasn't bad, I want to say it was New York Style cheesecake.  My favorite marshmallow comes from Daystar, its called Marshmallow the Original (from Soap Silly); I could drink the bottle on this one.  No toasted notes just sticky sweet goodness.  Aztec has a toasted marshmallow, which I like, but I get no toasted notes at all.  As for butter rum, you got me on that one.  If you find one that smells like the lifesaver, please let me know.  I wish you good luck on your search.

Ive read american soy has a good lemon cheesecake. Id like to try the Millennium wax even though its pricey. Oh, their eucalyptus lavender is suppose to be good too

Im looking for a good lavender,spa scent so Im going to try that one out too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

lol,,,,,, power ball numbers flashing over its head? lol...

Trappeur

13 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Ive read american soy has a good lemon cheesecake. Id like to try the Millennium wax even though its pricey. Oh, their eucalyptus lavender is suppose to be good too

Im looking for a good lavender,spa scent so Im going to try that one out too.

You want to try a great lemon cheesecake?  Lemon cheesecake from Candle Soylutions is to die for!

Trappeur

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

You want to try a great lemon cheesecake?  Lemon cheesecake from Candle Soylutions is to die for!

Trappeur

Really, now thats one I'll have to try. Maybe they carry the waxes Id like to try and just get a pound of that one. Anything else I should look at ?

RE has a butterscotch marshmallow that smells good OOB. NG has one called Bet Your Butterscotch but I haven't put it in wax either. I know what you mean about the Butter Rum from CS. It's really strong but not very good in my opinion. Oh, CW has Butterscotch Pudding which is really good too.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2017 at 3:34 PM, soshiegirl said:

My favorite marshmallow comes from Daystar, its called Marshmallow the Original (from Soap Silly); I could drink the bottle on this one.  No toasted notes just sticky sweet goodness.  Aztec has a toasted marshmallow, which I like, but I get no toasted notes at all.  As for butter rum, you got me on that one.  If you find one that smells like the lifesaver, please let me know.  I wish you good luck on your search.

Hey Sochi, have you tested that Marshmallow the Original

in wax? How well does it throw hot? 

Edited by HelloWax

10 hours ago, HelloWax said:

Hey Sochi, have you tested that Marshmallow the Original

in wax? How well does it throw hot? 

As much as I love this oil, I have to say, it's not a powerhouse thrower.  I don't know of any pure marshmallow scents that will run you out the room and if there is, please let me know! :) .  It's good and sweet.  It makes a great blender but also makes a nice single note candle/tart.

Toasted Marshmallow from Rustic Escentuals smells more like a straight marshmallow to me. I don't smell anything "toasted" or "toasty" or "burnt".

I have customers who love it and it throws great in 4794 and 6006. 
(I haven't tried RE's new Campfire Marshmallow yet.)

There are several Vendors that pop up in a Google Search for "Butter Rum Fragrance oil

https://www.google.com/search?q=butter+rum+fragrance+oil&oq=Butter&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0j69i59j69i60l2.1423j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I see a Hot Buttered Rum at Nature's Garden. I've never tried it - but it has some good reviews. NG has had more hits than misses for me so it might be worth a try.
(And the price is reasonable.)

I hope you find one - hot buttered rum Lifesavers were my favorite flavor as a kid - I bet it would be terrific in candles. 

:-)

On 10/5/2017 at 12:33 PM, soshiegirl said:

As much as I love this oil, I have to say, it's not a powerhouse thrower.  I don't know of any pure marshmallow scents that will run you out the room and if there is, please let me know! :) .  It's good and sweet.  It makes a great blender but also makes a nice single note candle/tart.

I tend to agree right with you on that Soshiegirl.....

I read all the talk about this marshmallow and that marshmallow and this one says this is great and this one says "oh try this one".......well I've tried them all.  I've ordered from just about every company out there and nada...every marshmallow is so faint....Maybe we are all looking for something that doesn't even exist.  After all, marshmallow is light to begin with.  Some oils are just like that.  And are not powerhouse throwers.  Actually I haven't even found one that has that ooey gooey sweet smell even in the light catagory.  If you go and add some vanilla to it....sure it becomes maybe sweeter somewhat but by the time you start adding this and that you either wind up with a vanilla fragrance or a buttercream fragrance.  I have my go to vanilla fragrance Vanilla Voodoo so I don't even try any others when others post out there.    I'm so tired of blending for something I can't seem to formulate.  Actually is there a retail candle line out there that is pure marshmallow as I would like to try it.  So my quest of searching and blending for the best marshmallow I am now ending....I'm done...Good luck to all of you!

Soshiegirl you say Daystar's Original marshmallow is a great blender....

What do you like to blend it with if you don't mind me asking.  What does it make the blend you are creating with?  How is it different if you were to blend the marshmallow say versus a good vanilla in a blend?

Trappeur

• Like 2

Trappeur,

I love blending it with caramel, butterscotch, graham cracker and chocolate, toffee, fruits, coffee scents, etc.  I find that it adds more sugary sweetness to the scent.  All of the vanillas that I tend to use are not "sweet" vanillas, they are either mixed with something or a pure single note vanilla like vanilla bean that is not necessarily sweet like marshmallow (or at least the one I use).  Hope that helps.

Soshiegirl

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Traveler said:

Toasted Marshmallow from Rustic Escentuals smells more like a straight marshmallow to me. I don't smell anything "toasted" or "toasty" or "burnt".

I have customers who love it and it throws great in 4794 and 6006. 
(I haven't tried RE's new Campfire Marshmallow yet.)

There are several Vendors that pop up in a Google Search for "Butter Rum Fragrance oil

https://www.google.com/search?q=butter+rum+fragrance+oil&oq=Butter&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0j69i59j69i60l2.1423j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I see a Hot Buttered Rum at Nature's Garden. I've never tried it - but it has some good reviews. NG has had more hits than misses for me so it might be worth a try.
(And the price is reasonable.)

I hope you find one - hot buttered rum Lifesavers were my favorite flavor as a kid - I bet it would be terrific in candles. 

:-)

I agree completely and I love the RE Toasted Marshmallow. I will probably change the name to Vanilla Marshmallow because that's more what I smell. I am testing it today actually and it has filled the whole upstairs of my house with marshmallow-goodness!! It's a good one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2017 at 3:45 PM, jennyjo said:

I agree completely and I love the RE Toasted Marshmallow. I will probably change the name to Vanilla Marshmallow because that's more what I smell. I am testing it today actually and it has filled the whole upstairs of my house with marshmallow-goodness!! It's a good one.

I like RE Marshmallow too but to me it just smells like a rich,vanilla . I agree, no toasted in the least.

• 2 weeks later...