Toasted Marshmallow

kdmorgan

23 minutes ago, Belinda said:

Have you tried RE's toasted marshmallow? It's wonderful!  Lone Star has one called Marshmallow madness that's good too. It's not as strong as the one from RE but it has a very different scent to it.

I haven't. I have tried ICS and BCN but they just don't seem strong enough for me :(  Thanks for letting me know about RE!

• Like 1

The only one Ive found to be strong is RE's. Having said that, to me it smells more like a very rich vanilla and its strong. I don't think Ive tried one thats super strong.

But Ive only tried about 4-5 of them. Most smell the same and not terribly strong. Belinda send send me a sample of toasted marshmallow from JS and I could smell

the "toasted" part but its not nearly as rich as RE's. I have marshmallow  from WSP. It smells good but not nearly as strong as RE's. So that might be a good one to get.

• Like 1

I just got some Toasted Marshmallow from RE based on all the recommendations I saw on this forum.  It smells pretty strong OOB.  Like Vanilla, maybe not as sweet.  I don't smell any 'toasted' note yet, but I haven't put it in wax.

I made some layered Hot Chocolate and Toasted Marshmallow candles using Aztec's Toasted Marshmallow, and it seemed so weak, I added some Vanilla Bean.  But my cousin said the candle did smell like marshmallow.  

RE definitely smells stronger OOB than Aztec's. (I don't smell any 'toast' in that one either.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kdkolpin said:

Thank you everyone for all the help, I really appreciate it :) I just placed my $90 order with RE and my $50 order to NG. Never can have just one FO hahaha

I just got my RE order yesterday and placed a Millcreek order today....Lord help me. :)

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, GailC said:

Did I mention I just got a Candlescience order last week....and I have a cart loaded up at BCN....trying to hold off on that one...oh but what deals! :)

Are they having a special or something! Not that we would need an excuse to buy FO's LOL!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Belinda said:

Are they having a special or something! Not that we would need an excuse to buy FO's LOL!

Not running a sale but Trappeur pointed me in that direction when I was looking for a good Hot Buttered Rum for a customer.  I started perusing their site and was amazed at some of the low prices on their FO's.  Trap also said the Hot Apple Pie and Northwoods Christmas are good and they are both much less than what I usually pay a pound.  When I did a search on Bitter Creek North here, Strawberry Jam had good reviews and it also is very reasonable.  I don't know if we're supposed to mention prices here.

Then I looked at their Surplus fragrances.  Wow!  There are a couple of premium surplus FO's I will probably get.  I know sometimes those cheapo Specials are cheap because they're awful. But I will probably still take a chance on a couple or four. :) 

The only expensive FO in my cart is the Butter Rum Allspice.  I also have:

Kitchen Spice (Premium Surplus)

Hot Apple Pie

A Northwoods Christmas

Yuletide

Pumpkin Creme Brulee

Grandma's Kitchen 

Strawberry Jam

Cinnamon Vanilla (Premium Surplus)

Chocolate Cappiccino(surplus)

Cinnamon Raisin Bread - maybe

If I get all 11 of those, with shipping and the whopping 2% discount,  it averages out to $13.81 a pound.  You can't beat that with a stick. :)

• Like 2

From RE I got....

Toasted Marshmallow

Bonfire Bliss

Amish Quilt

Pumpkin Creme Brulee

Rustic Lodge

Coffee House

Cuban Tobacco

Celtic MoonSpice

Apple & Pumpkin Strudel

Glazed Doughnut

Pipe Smoke

Lemon Verbena

Apple Cinnamon

Southern Pecan Pie

Candy Cane Cupcake

Sparkling Snowflakes

Wine by Candlelight

Praline fragrance oil (body safe)

Winter Wishes fragrance oil (body safe)

Aspen Winter (BBW type)

Frozen

Vanilla Snowflake

Pumpkin Ginger & Apple fragrance oil

NG i got...

Poison Pie

Dill Pickle

Bacon

Vanilla Bean

Fruity Rings

Monkey Farts

Pink Sugar

Love Spell

Toasted Marshmallow

Sweet Orange Chili Pepper

Peppermint Patty

Tobacco Caramel

Fresh Brewed Coffee

I went a little overboard :rolleyes:

From your list I love:

Toasted Marshmallow

Amish Quilt

I have Bonfire Bliss but not crazy about it but everyone else is.

Pumpkin Cream Brulee

Rustic Lodge

Apple & Pumpkin Strudel

Celtic Moonspice

Glazed Doughnut

Southern Pecan Pie

NG

Poison Pie

Vanilla Bean-love this one but like Mrs. Claus Cookies better

Monkey Farts

Pink Sugar

Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper

Please give reviews when your order comes in!

I have a couple of orders that should've already been here but can't get here because of the flood. Hopefully they'll be able to get here soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GailC said:

Not running a sale but Trappeur pointed me in that direction when I was looking for a good Hot Buttered Rum for a customer.  I started perusing their site and was amazed at some of the low prices on their FO's.  Trap also said the Hot Apple Pie and Northwoods Christmas are good and they are both much less than what I usually pay a pound.  When I did a search on Bitter Creek North here, Strawberry Jam had good reviews and it also is very reasonable.  I don't know if we're supposed to mention prices here.

Then I looked at their Surplus fragrances.  Wow!  There are a couple of premium surplus FO's I will probably get.  I know sometimes those cheapo Specials are cheap because they're awful. But I will probably still take a chance on a couple or four. :) 

The only expensive FO in my cart is the Butter Rum Allspice.  I also have:

Kitchen Spice (Premium Surplus)

Hot Apple Pie

A Northwoods Christmas

Yuletide

Pumpkin Creme Brulee

Grandma's Kitchen 

Strawberry Jam

Cinnamon Vanilla (Premium Surplus)

Chocolate Cappiccino(surplus)

Cinnamon Raisin Bread - maybe

If I get all 11 of those, with shipping and the whopping 2% discount,  it averages out to $13.81 a pound.  You can't beat that with a stick. :)

The Butter Rum Allspice is very good. Keep in mind that the BRA has a low flashpoint so then your whole order has to ship Ground which makes shipping more

expensive so get what you want at that time to justify the shipping. Just my opinion. Northwoods Christmas is very good also. The strawberry jam to me has 

a plasticky smell like most other strawberries Ive smelled. But like you said , it does have very good reviews on here, so don't let my opinion discourage you :) 

I also have the Cinnamon Raisin Bread in my cart along with Fresh Baked Bread. The Pumpkin Cheesecake is really good too as is the Hot Apple Pie. 

I also have Spiced Cranberries and I really like that one as well. I didn't like their Lavender at all. Had a powdery smell to it. I didn't care for their vanillas or Sissys Sugar 

cookie either, wasn't very strong IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

The Butter Rum Allspice is very good. Keep in mind that the BRA has a low flashpoint so then your whole order has to ship Ground which makes shipping more

expensive so get what you want at that time to justify the shipping. Just my opinion. Northwoods Christmas is very good also. The strawberry jam to me has 

a plasticky smell like most other strawberries Ive smelled. But like you said , it does have very good reviews on here, so don't let my opinion discourage you :) 

I also have the Cinnamon Raisin Bread in my cart along with Fresh Baked Bread. The Pumpkin Cheesecake is really good too as is the Hot Apple Pie. 

I also have Spiced Cranberries and I really like that one as well. I didn't like their Lavender at all. Had a powdery smell to it. I didn't care for their vanillas or Sissys Sugar 

cookie either, wasn't very strong IMO. 

Thanks Moonstar. I appreciate your feedback on BCN, because I've never ordered from them....yet. :)

The only Strawberry I have really liked was Candlescience Strawberry Shortcake.  I almost bought some with my last order but remembered that even though I liked it, I couldn't sell it.

I Bought Peak's Strawberries and Cream some time ago, and just never liked the smell of it OOB.  Candlewic's smells much better but doesn't seem very strong.  I may give up on Strawberry and take that one out of my cart.

Have you bought their Surplus oils before at the reduced price?  

for some reason my post showed up twice and I can't delete it, so I erased it but have to have some content, so I have to think of something profound to say about Toasted Marshmallow or something.....I got nothing. 

Edited by GailC
  • Like 1

@kdkolpin I have several of the RE FO's on your list.  Celtic Moonspice was popular for me last season.  

I have tons of NG FO's but hardly any on your list.  Let me know what you think of Fresh Brewed Coffee.  I do have that one and personally can't stand it.  But some of my friends really like it.

Edited by GailC
  • Like 1

Gail you'll love the Strawberry Jam from BCN! It smells like NG's strawberry passion to my nose and it's a good one!

A Northwoods Christmas is also very good! I mix it with mulberry too and call it Piney Woods Christmas or something like that LOL! It's really strong!

Pumpkin Cream brûlée smells like the one from RE and Cierra to my nose but it's good.

I have Yuletide but can't remember exactly what it smells like but I do remember that I liked it.

Please let me know what you think about the others you bought. They sound like some that I would like!

Funny you mention strawberry shortcake from CS because it's my favorite Strawberry shortcake I've ever found and I love it but don't sell much of it either. I can't figure that one out.

5 minutes ago, Belinda said:

Gail you'll love the Strawberry Jam from BCN! It smells like NG's strawberry passion to my nose and it's a good one!

A Northwoods Christmas is also very good! I mix it with mulberry too and call it Piney Woods Christmas or something like that LOL! It's really strong!

Pumpkin Cream brûlée smells like the one from RE and Cierra to my nose but it's good.

I have Yuletide but can't remember exactly what it smells like but I do remember that I liked it.

Please let me know what you think about the others you bought. They sound like some that I would like!

Funny you mention strawberry shortcake from CS because it's my favorite Strawberry shortcake I've ever found and I love it but don't sell much of it either. I can't figure that one out.

Thanks Belinda.  So now I'll keep the strawberry jam in my cart.  I'm so easily swayed.  I have so many different pumpkins but no Pumpkin Creme Brulees.

And I can never remember how to make those little thingy's above the e in Brulee. :)   I'm making Spiced Pumpkin Latte right now....yum.

Not sure when I'm going to order....since I've gotten 3 orders in about a week's time. :) 

Just now, GailC said:

Thanks Belinda.  So now I'll keep the strawberry jam in my cart.  I'm so easily swayed.  I have so many different pumpkins but no Pumpkin Creme Brulees.

And I can never remember how to make those little thingy's above the e in Brulee. :)   I'm making Spiced Pumpkin Latte right now....yum.

Not sure when I'm going to order....since I've gotten 3 orders in about a week's time. :) 

Where did you get your spiced pumpkin latte? That sounds yummy! I think I may have that one. I need to go check!

Those little thingy's above the e sometimes show up by themselves and sometimes they don't. I don't know why that is but I sure don't know how to do it LOL!  Brûlée brûlée 

They showed up both times I typed it in just then but there are times it doesn't do that. Oh well. Me and technology aren't a good mix! LOL!

6 minutes ago, Belinda said:

Where did you get your spiced pumpkin latte? That sounds yummy! I think I may have that one. I need to go check!

Those little thingy's above the e sometimes show up by themselves and sometimes they don't. I don't know why that is but I sure don't know how to do it LOL!  Brûlée brûlée 

They showed up both times I typed it in just then but there are times it doesn't do that. Oh well. Me and technology aren't a good mix! LOL!

Spiced Pumpkin Latte from RE.  Got a sample first and loved it.  

Those things never just 'show up' for me.  I've googled it before and there are keys you type before you type the 'e'.  

5 minutes ago, GailC said:

Spiced Pumpkin Latte from RE.  Got a sample first and loved it.  

Those things never just 'show up' for me.  I've googled it before and there are keys you type before you type the 'e'.  

Thanks! I think I actually have that one from RE. I'll go check today.

That's interesting about the marks. I've noticed that sometimes they show up automatically and sometimes not at all. When they don't show up the word is underlined like it's misspelled but I don't know how to fix it so I just leave it like it is. Most of the time they pop up over the e though. I've always wondered why sometimes it doesn't.