Rustic Escentuals Annual Scent Event

GailC

57 minutes ago, candlesncats said:

I wish I would have waited.....ordered samples 2 days ago : (

Oh man, isn't that how it goes?  I have a cart full at Candlewic because they have 20% off FO's if you spend $75, but now I want to order samples from RE.  Mind you I don't need a thing...I just want to. :)

2 hours ago, franu61 said:

me too!  Anyone have some favorites i should try?

Baked Apple (Home Interiors type)

Sea Grass and Sand Dunes

Celtic Moonspice

Da Lime in Da Coconut

I bought Black Currant Tea and really like it OOB but I haven't put it in wax yet.

I got free samples of Plum Tart and Dreamcatcher and like both of them OOB.  Trying to decide whether to order 16 oz of each.

4 hours ago, GailC said:

Baked Apple (Home Interiors type)

Sea Grass and Sand Dunes

Celtic Moonspice

Da Lime in Da Coconut

I bought Black Currant Tea and really like it OOB but I haven't put it in wax yet.

I got free samples of Plum Tart and Dreamcatcher and like both of them OOB.  Trying to decide whether to order 16 oz of each.

I'm loving the sounds of the those new oils they have and I'm going to order all of them!

Oh Gail....I had forgotten about Dreamcatcher.  That is a beauty!  It's very different.  Well I have always loved it and it is STRONG one.  I really didn't care for Celtic Moonspice though.  It really didn't throw.  But maybe it was in the C3 and not 464 I'm thinking.  You will have to give reviews when you get and put in wax.

Trappeur

4 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I'm loving the sounds of the those new oils they have and I'm going to order all of them!

Oh Gail....I had forgotten about Dreamcatcher.  That is a beauty!  It's very different.  Well I have always loved it and it is STRONG one.  I really didn't care for Celtic Moonspice though.  It really didn't throw.  But maybe it was in the C3 and not 464 I'm thinking.  You will have to give reviews when you get and put in wax.

Trappeur

Celtic Moonspice has been a pretty good seller for me. I like it too and thought it was strong myself.  I use 444. It does smell just like Peak's  Amish Harvest OOB to me.

I've been burning Sea Grass & Sand Dunes, such a nice fresh Summer fragrance.  Although not super strong to me.  

And I've said before that RE's Baked Apple is my very favorite spiced apple scent of all I've tried, because I loved Home Interiors Baked Apple Candle back when I went to all those parties in the 80's.

Da Lime in Da Coconut is more Coconut than lime to me and completely different than the Coconut Lime Breeze BBW type from Aztec I already had.  I love the name. :)

Thanks for helping me decide to order Dreamcatcher.  I had a sample of Dreamcatcher from Mill Creek once, and liked it pretty well, but can't remember if it smelled the same.

4 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

I wanna try Bourbon Brown Sugar - Aspen Winter - Sandalwood + Shea - Sweedish Dream Salt - Caramel Cafe . The new oils sound great !

I have been working on my list all week...adding to and scratching off. :)  So far I have about 25, but I just checked the website and RE facebook page and discovered that you have to get the $1.00 samples in a sampler pack of 20.  I thought you could order as many or few as you wanted.  So now I either have to whittle down my list or add enough to make 40 for 2 packs.  

I don't use a whole lot from them but love the following 

Birthday cake 

blue skies 

Lemon slices 

rose geranium- LOVE

rustic lodge 

Sea kelp- LOVE

Silver birch and vetiver- LOVE

spiced pumpkin latte- LOVE

I have and like but haven't put in wax yet 

plumberry spice 

toasted marshmallow 

beachwood veitiver 

Mulberry HI type 

black cherry 

pumpkin pie 

1 hour ago, GailC said:

I have been working on my list all week...adding to and scratching off. :)  So far I have about 25, but I just checked the website and RE facebook page and discovered that you have to get the $1.00 samples in a sampler pack of 20.  I thought you could order as many or few as you wanted.  So now I either have to whittle down my list or add enough to make 40 for 2 packs.  

Im only sticking to 20 - Period ! Im trying all the new FO's  they sound great. Plus bigger bottles of ones I use so I can justify the shipping.

Im not paying $18 for 20 1 ounce bottles , thats just silly IMO 

26 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Birthday cake 

blue skies 

Lemon slices 

rose geranium- LOVE

rustic lodge 

Sea kelp- LOVE

plumberry spice 

toasted marshmallow 

beachwood veitiver 

Mulberry HI type 

black cherry 

pumpkin pie 

Plumberry Spice is really nice

toasted marshmallow to me smells like a very rich vanilla - I don't pick up any toasted either

pumpkin pie - wasn't a fan. to my nose it has a weird nutty note

OOB whats beachwood vetiver like - i wanna try that one 

37 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Im only sticking to 20 - Period ! Im trying all the new FO's  they sound great. Plus bigger bottles of ones I use so I can justify the shipping.

Im not paying $18 for 20 1 ounce bottles , thats just silly IMO 

I always buy more to justify shipping. :)  I got some free samples of Plum Tart and Pumpkin Souffle in a previous order, and I really like both of them, so I'm going to order 16 oz each of those.  I have used CS Pumpkin Souffle for years and I used to love it, but now it gets on my nerves. :)  Still I use it as a blend and make Pumpkin Pie and customers love it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

Birthday cake 

blue skies 

Lemon slices 

rose geranium- LOVE

rustic lodge 

Sea kelp- LOVE

plumberry spice 

toasted marshmallow 

beachwood veitiver 

Mulberry HI type 

black cherry 

pumpkin pie 

I have Blue Skies and Rustic Lodge on my list.  I would try Spice Pumpkin Latte, but I ordered Pumpkin Chai from Candlewic a while back and I love it OOB.  Oh what the heck, maybe I will order a sample of Spice Pumpkin Latte since you love it. :)

I got a free sample of Sea Grass and Sand Dunes once and ordered a big bottle.  I really like it for summer.  

I have my list. All because I want another ounce of Raspberry Lilac. I got a sample a while back and love it, but can do nothing that I want to do with just 1oz... LOL 

This has been the first time I've struggled to come up with 20 fo's. I don't really want/need anything though, so that's what made it rough. 

I also have Blue Skies on my list. Sounds very intriguing - So did Awapuhi Seaberry. 

• Like 1

It's Christmas in August!  I'm excited to get my 20 samples today!  I've never gotten so many at once.  I like to sniff them all, leave them out awhile, and go back and sniff them again.....and later again. :)

I'm also getting 16 oz of Plum Tart.  Loved the free sample of that I got earlier.  And 16 oz of Caramel Cafe.  Taking a chance on that one because my son and his wife liked a candle that smelled like caramel coffee, so I ordered it for them.

1 hour ago, GailC said:

@Jcandleattic Oh I ordered a sample of Raspberry Lilac because of you. :)

Awesome. I actually ended up missing the sale. :( With just getting back in the country after 2 months gone, I am playing catch-up at the moment, so will have to wait until next years sale for them. But I'll be getting a 4oz bottle of this next time I order in a few weeks. 

Tell me how you like it!