Soy Melt Ideas

Dolphin14677

I see they are reformulating and will have a replacement soon. I just saw that note on a website, yesterday.  Maybe Fillmore?  Not sure if you want to go with that brand again, though.  I only use a small amount of PB with 464 for my tarts & clamshells, and they still pop out nicely.  Are you using all PB?  Do you get a good hot throw from it?

Goldie

On 3/16/2017 at 2:30 AM, Dolphin14677 said:

I am so angry about my ecosoya Pb being discontinued. I loved that wax for my soy melts. Now I only have 2 cases left after there gone I need a new soy wax for my melts. What would be the next best wax to use  I am so at a loss here.

PB is being discontinued?  I thought it was 135

when is this taking place as I use it for my melts with 415 and this won't be good at all ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

PB is being discontinued?  I thought it was 135

when is this taking place as I use it for my melts with 415 and this won't be good at all ?

From what I remember, back in the late fall emails were sent out from suppliers or posted on their site that ECO waxes were being reformulated. I don't remember

why . Before ordering Id send them a quick email asking them if they have any of the old formula left or is it the reformulated wax . Let us know :) 

I think all being reformulated which means testing again for those that use it.  Can't you buy up a bunch of it before the old is out of stock at suppliers?  At least that would give you more time before trying the new stuff.

Lone Star's site says new wax due in stock at end of March.

Edited by kandlekrazy

21 hours ago, Dolphin14677 said:

I know what you mean Moonshine. If I would of known this I would of bought more to. I only have a case and a half left of mine. I hope the new stuff comes out soon so I can test it

Brambleberry still has it in stock as of tonight  https://www.brambleberry.com/EcoSoya-Pillar-Blend-Wax-P4700.aspx.  Also http://store.southwestcandlesupply.com/wax.html has it in 50 lb. box.

Goldie

20 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I'm hoping the new stuff works just as nice too. They said late March, its late March now... and in the mean time my stock is getting lower. Is there even a soy wax simular to the ecosoya pb?

Nope I haven't found one yet that compares to my PB. 

I'm glad I found this thread - a friend asked me to make her tarts and I was just hunting for what wax I need. It looks like the new wax was pushed out until April - I think I'll wait for that so I can learn right off the bat with the new formula. 

This is posted on Brambleberry:

This product will be discontinued by the manufacturer once supplies run out.  A new version of this wax will be available in April 2017.  The Ecosoya 120 and Ecosoya 130 waxes have improved scent throw, increased stability and allow for richer color. You’ll love the candles and wax melts you can create with the new and improved formula!

• Like 1